- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
DigiMax D8 8-Channel Preamplifier
Condition 1 - Mint
- 180227 004000000 180227004000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The DigiMax D8 is an 8-channel preamplifier featuring 8 award-winning class A XMAX mic preamps with 24-bit ADAT digital output. All eight preamps inc...Click To Read More About This Product
(Open Box) The perfect solution for adding 8 professional mic preamps to any digital recording system or digital mixer with ADAT input.
The DigiMax D8 is an 8-channel preamplifier featuring 8 award-winning class A XMAX mic preamps with 24-bit ADAT digital output. All eight preamps include variable trim control, 48V phantom power, ultra-fast acting LED metering and 20 dB pad. In addition, 2 instrument inputs are located on the front panel for direct Hi-Z instrument input. Balanced TRS direct analog outputs are located on the rear panel for routing and flexibility. The DigiMax D8 also includes word clock sync input for ultra-low jitter and robust synchronization.
The DigiMax D8 is the perfect solution to add eight professional microphone preamplifiers to any digital recording system with ADAT optical lightpipe expansion capability including Digidesign's HD and 003 systems, RME, YAMAHA, Alesis, Mackie, and many others.
8 XMAX Class A Preamplifiers
All XMAX preamplifiers are built with the same three elements:
High Voltage-The XMAX preamplifier runs on power rails of 30V. Most off the shelf op amp based designs run on power rails of 10V to 18V. Higher voltage power rails deliver more headroom, deeper lows, smoother highs and an overall fuller sound.
Discrete-No op amps. Only transistors, resistors and capacitors. Op amps add noise, coloration and harshness to a signal. Discrete designs deliver ultra low noise and transparency.
Class A-When a circuit is running in Class A mode the circuit is always in an "on" state operating at its optimal voltage requirements. Class A mode has zero crossover distortion and delivers purer, clearer and more musical sonics than class A/B designs which are found in most op-amp circuits.
The net result of the XMAX preamp design is high headroom, low noise, wide dynamic range and wide frequency range, and most importantly, musicality and transparency - smooth highs, solid deep lows, and everything in between.
- 8 XMAX class A microphone preamps with trim control
- 24-bit resolution ADAT digital output
- 44.1 and 48K sampling rates
- External sync via BNC word clock input
- Direct outputs on every channel
- LED input metering
- -20dB Pad on every channel
Click or call to order today! Our dual Complete Satisfaction and Lowest Price Guarantees mean you can't lose!
- Type: XLR Female Balanced
- Frequency Response (+/-0.5 dB): 20 Hz to 50 kHz
- Frequency Response (+/-3.0 dB): 20 Hz to 150 kHz
- Input Impedance (Balanced): 1600 Ohms
- THD+N (unwtd, 1 kHz @ +4 dBu Output, Unity Gain): < 0.003%
EIN (unwtd, 55dB Gain, 150 Ohms Input, 20Hz to 22 kHz): -126 dBu
- S/N Ratio (Unity Gain, unwtd, Ref. = +4 dBu, 20Hz to 22 kHz): > 101 dB
- Common Mode Rejection Ratio (1 kHz, 55 dB Gain): > 55 dB
- Gain Control Range (+/- 1dB): -4 dB to 50 dB
- Maximum Input Level (Unity Gain, 1 kHz @ 0.5% THD+N): +14 dBu
- Signal Level LEDs: +10 dBu (0 dBFS)
- Red / Clip (+/-0.5 dBu): +10 dBu (0 dBFS)
- Yellow (+/-0.5 dBu): +4 dBu (-6 dBFS)
- Green (+/-0.5 dBu): 8 dBu (-18 dBFS)
- Green (+/-0.5 dBu): 14 dBu: (-24 dBFS)
- Phantom Power (+/-2 VDC): +48 VDC
- Type: ¼" TRS Female Unbalanced
- Input Impedance: 1 MOhms
- Type: ¼" TRS Balanced
- Output Impedance51 Ohms
- ADC Dynamic Range (AWTD, 48 kHz Sample Rate): 107dB
- Bit Depth: 24
- Reference Level for 0dBFS: +10 dBu
- Internal Sample Frequency Selections (kHz):44.1, 48
- External Sample Frequency Input: 75 Ohms BNC
- Input Connector Type: IEC
- Input Voltage (factory configured): 90 to 230 VAC
- Power Requirements (Continuous): 20W
- Package Type: 1U - steel chassis
- Dimensions: 19(W) X 1.75(H) X 7(D) inches
- Weight: 6 lbs. (2.72 KG)
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.