Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Presonus R65 6.5" Powered Studio Monitor (Each)true true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
Presonus R65 6.5" Powered Studio Monitor (Each)$329.95
- Free Shipping
- Top Rated
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Wide soundstage with exceptional transient response.
Wide, consistent stereo image
An unfolded AMT tweeter diaphragm provides 8 to 13 times the projection area of a traditional 1" dome tweeter, enabling R65 monitors to provide a much wider stereo soundstage than traditional designs. At the same time, the R65 provides a very limited vertical dispersion, which helps to reduce reflections from the ceiling and desktop that can cause phase coherence issues. Because it’s less subject to room-anomaly interference, the R65 reacts predictably and sounds consistent from room to room.
The R65 utilizes a 6.5" , custom-coated, woven Kevlar® low-frequency driver. This rigid cone maintains a more consistent dispersion pattern across its frequency rtesponse range. Biamped and driven by a 150 W Class D amplifier—making the R Series some of the most powerful monitors in their category—these monitors deliver an open, clear, and less fatiguing listening experience.
Have it your way
You can customize the R65 in several ways. It’s available with black or blue faceplates to fit your studio décor. With balanced XLR, balanced 1/4” TRS, and unbalanced RCA line-level inputs, it’s easy to feed audio to your R65 monitors from a mixer, an interface, a media player, or almost any other line-level source. And R Series monitors offer user-adjustable contour features for optimizing the monitors for your mixing space. This enables full integration into any studio environment.
- 2-way active AMT design provides articulate high-frequency response and wide stereo imaging
- Custom-designed, 6.8", AMT ribbon tweeter responds to the subtlest waveforms and the highest frequencies
- 6.5" Kevlar LF drivers provide transparent mid- and low-frequency reproduction for clean sound and punchy bass
- Balanced XLR and 1/4" TRS plus unbalanced RCA inputs provide flexibility for seamless integration into any environment
- Acoustic Space settings (Linear, -1.5dB, -3dB, -6dB) compensate for room placement
- Biamped 150W RMS (LF = 100W, HF = 50W), Class D power amplifier with switching power supply
- RF interference, output current limiting, over temperature, turn-on/off transient, and subsonic filter protection
- Energy Conservation Mode (with enable/disable) lowers standby power to <0.5W
- External mains fuse
- Internal power supply with IEC connector
Add to your studio setup today!
R65 6.5" Powered Studio Monitor (Each) Specifications:Inputs
- 1 Balanced XLR
- 1 Balanced 1/4” TRS
- 1 Unbalanced RCA
- Frequency Response: 45Hz–22kHz
- Crossover Frequency: 2.7kHz
- LF Amplifier Power: 100W Class-D
- HF Amplifier Power: 50W Class-D
- Peak SPL (@ 1 meter): 104dB
- LF Driver: 6.5” Kevlar
- HF Driver Type: AMT
- Diaphragm: 6.8" 2 (4,400 mm2)
- Equiv. Diaphragm ø: 3” (75 mm)
- Input Impedance: 20kOhm balanced, 10 kohm unbalanced
- SNR (typical, A-weighted): >100dB
- Factory preprogrammed 100-120V ～50/60Hz or 220-240V ～50/60Hz
- Standby Power: < 0.5W
- RF interference
- Output-current limiting
- Turn-on/off transient
- Subsonic filter
- External mains fuse
- Volume Range: A-type taper
- HF Driver: Linear, +1dB, -3dB, -6dB
- Highpass filter: Linear, 60Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz
- Acoustic Space: Linear, -1.5dB, -3dB, -6dB
- Energy Conservation Mode: On/Off/Query
- Vinyl-laminated, medium-density fiberboard
- Width: 8” (203 mm)
- Depth: 10.3” (261 mm)
- Height 13” (328 mm)
- Weight 14.7 lbs (6.65 kg)
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.