- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
HD 300 PROtect Studio Monitoring Headphones
Condition 2 - Blemished Black 190839916860
- L39973 005001001 L39973005001001
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Professional ears require not only crystal-clear, high-resolution sound, but also protection from unexpected peak levels. Here, the Active Gard syste...Click To Read More About This Product
(Open Box) Featuring Active Gard hearing protection.
Professional ears require not only crystal-clear, high-resolution sound, but also protection from unexpected peak levels. Here, the Active Gard system of the HD 300 PROtect is on the case. Instead of simply clipping peaks above 110 dB, the system adjusts the overall sound down to the maximum permitted volume – retaining all information and dynamics in the process. Other design elements like the maximum shielding of ambient noise and a sound pattern with clear intelligibility, differentiation or resolution also protect the user’s concentration. The ergonomic design guarantees that, even after hours of work, only one thing ‘carries weight’: the sound.
The patented Active Gard technology of the HD 300 PROtect does not simply switch off at peak levels above 110 dB but reduces signals that are too loud down to a safe level. Previously disruptive or harmful volumes remain distortion-free and clear, and control of the production is retained at all times. The HD 300 PROtect not only satisfies with the European EC noise directive on industrial safety and noise control, but also safeguards the hearing and presence of mind of all production staff, even in the event of big or small surprises.
The acoustics of the HD 300 PROtect are systematically tailored to the requirements of professional use. Its linear frequency response provides a neutral, high-resolution sound. With its highly sensitive transducers and precision diaphragms, the HD 300 PROtect achieves a phenomenal depth of detail which it reproduces – even at maximum volumes – in a crystal clear manner without distortions. For an ambient sound, we have recalculated the air volumes in front of the ear at a level, inspired by the HD 250 linear.
Professionals often wear headphones for several hours. The HD 300 PROtect is precisely designed for this purpose with its particularly soft, viscoelastic earpads – which also systematically filter out ambient noise – and finely balanced pressure distribution. Use it continuously with no discomfort.
- Switchable ActiveGard to protect hearing for sound pressure levels above 110dB
- Highest resolution due to accurate and linear sound reproduction
- Comfortable padding design allows for extended use in long wearing sessions
- Superior ambient noise attenuation in loud environments
- Long-lasting materials and exchangeable cables
Protect your ears from unexpected peaks when monitoring—order today.
- Ear coupling: Circumaural
- Operating principle: Closed
- Primary application: Studio monitoring
- Secondary application: General
- Frequency response: 6Hz – 25kHz
- Impedance: 64 ohms
- Contact pressure: 6.0 N ± 0.75 N
- Max. sound pressure level: 123 dB SPL @ 1 kHz (ActiveGard off)
- Distortion: ‹ 0.1 % @ 1 kHz, 100 dB SPL
- ActiveGard: 110 dB SPL @ 1 kHz
- Sensitivity: 108 ±3 dB SPL / 1 V rms / 1 kHz
- Max. Sound pressure level (active): 110 dB SPL @ 1 kHz (ActiveGard on)
- Noise cancellation: Max 32 dB (passive)
- Weight: 297 g
- Built-in mic: No
- Bluetooth connectivity: No
- Power consumption: 500mW
- Storage temperature: -55°C to +70°C
- Operating temperature: -15°C to +55°C
- 1 HD 300 PROtect headphone
- 1 cable (1.5 m with 3.5 mm jack)
- 1 1/4" Adapter jack
- 1 Quick start guide
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.