- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Apollo 16 Thunderbolt Audio Interface with Quad Processing
Condition 1 - Mint
- Write a Review
- J21270 004000000 J21270004000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The new Apollo 16 is an elegant update to UA's premium audio interface, delivering enhanced sound with the tone, feel, and flow of analog recording. ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
(Open Box) 16 channels of premium audio with realtime UAD plug-in power.
The new Apollo 16 is an elegant update to UA's premium audio interface, delivering enhanced sound with the tone, feel, and flow of analog recording. Perfect for professional studios, this 18 x 20 Thunderbolt interface offers twice the analog connectivity of the Apollo 8/8p, making it ideal for pairing with mixing consoles and outboard processors. Works with Mac or Windows.
Apollo 16 further distinguishes itself with Realtime UAD Processing, letting you record at near-zero latency through the full range of UAD plug-ins from Neve, Studer, Manley, Lexicon, and more. Apollo Expanded software now allows cascading up to four Apollos and six total UAD-2 devices in a single system over Thunderbolt (Mac), so you can scale up your studio as your needs grow.
With its powerful onboard UAD-2 QUAD processing, genuine UA analog design, and next-generation A/D and D/A conversion, Apollo 16 puts class-leading audio performance in a sleek new package.
Next-Generation Apollo A/D and D/A Conversion
Apollo 16 improves upon the original Apollo' gold-standard audio quality with completely redesigned, class-leading digital conversion ” giving you increased dynamic range and even lower THD. This results in breathtaking clarity, depth, and accuracy in your recordings, from tracking and overdubbing, to mixing and mastering.
Realtime UAD Plug-In Processing for Tracking, Mixing, and Mastering
While Apollo 16' œnatural sound is very open and transparent, it can quickly deliver a stunning range of classic analog tones and color via its Realtime UAD Processing. Available with generous UAD-2 QUAD processing onboard, Apollo' DSP Acceleration allows for recording through UAD Powered Plug-Ins ” with as low as sub-2ms latency ” letting you monitor and œprint audio using classic analog emulations from Ampex, Lexicon, Manley, Neve, Roland, SSL, Studer, and more.
The Apollo 16' bundled œRealtime Analog Classics Plus suite of UAD plug-ins gives you the UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, Raw Distortion, Softube Amp Rooms, legacy LA-2A, 1176, and Fairchild compressors, Pultec EQs, and more, so you have a rack full of bonafide audio classics, right out of the box.
Using Apollo, UAD plug-ins are also available during mixing and mastering, putting UAD plug-ins (VST, RTAS, AU, AAX 64) at your disposal throughout the creative process.
Apollo Expanded and Console 2.0
Thanks to Apollo Expanded software, users of Thunderbolt-equipped Apollo Twin, Apollo 8, Apollo 8p, and Apollo 16 audio interfaces can combine up to four Apollos and six total UAD-2 devices ” adding I/O and DSP as their studio grows. Apollo Expanded also provides seamless integration with previous generation Apollos over Thunderbolt.
With Apollo 16' Console 2.0 application ” a complete re-imagining of Apollo' original Console software ” you can take advantage of over 25 user-requested features such as Channel Strip presets, Drag & Drop functionality, dynamically resizable windows, and more.
*All trademarks are recognized as property of their respective owners. Individual UAD Powered Plug-Ins sold separately.
- 18 x 20 Thunderbolt audio interface for Mac and Windows with powerful Console 2.0 software control
- 16 x 16 simultaneous analog I/O on DB-25 connections, plus L/R monitor outputs and AES/EBU digital I/O
- Next-generation 24-bit/192 kHz Apollo A/D and D/A conversion as heard on hundreds of hit records
- Built-in UAD-2 QUAD Core allows Realtime UAD Processing — tracking through DSP-assisted UAD plug-ins with near-zero latency, without draining CPU
- Includes “Realtime Analog Classics Plus” UAD plug-in bundle featuring authentic LA-2A, 1176, and Fairchild® compressors, Pultec® EQs, UA 610 tube preamp, and more
- Cascade up to 4 Apollo interfaces and 6 UAD devices total over Thunderbolt*
- World-class UA analog design, superior components, and premium build quality
- Free, industry-leading technical support — on the phone and online — from knowledgeable audio engineers
High-performance with realtime UAD processing, order the Apollo series interfaces today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear