- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
WA273 2-Channel British Mic Pre
Condition 2 - Blemished Regular 190839476067
- Write a Review
- L00357 005000002 L00357005000002
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
If there’s one style of preamp that professional engineers would unanimously agree has defined the tone of pop/rock records for decades, it would mos...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
(Open Box) A dual-channel preamp modeled after the vintage and venerable '73-style of mic pre
If there’s one style of preamp that professional engineers would unanimously agree has defined the tone of pop/rock records for decades, it would most definitely be the '73-style of mic pre. '73-style preamps have been massively used in recording and live applications for many years and are still considered to be the “Holy Grail” of preamp choices today. The Warm Audio WA273 is a dual channel '73-style preamp that pays careful homage to British audio history and features phantom power, a high-pass filter rotary dial and switchable rotary dial for Line and Mic levels.
It was imperative for Warm Audio to match the tone and sweet character of the vintage ‘73-style mic preamps to create a sonically accurate reproduction with the WA273. Easily classified as a studio and live work-horse, the WA73 is a versatile tool that will work with all kinds of microphones whether a Condenser, Dynamic or Ribbon mic. The WA273 equally shines on all types of sources: vocals, guitars, bass, drums, percussion, orchestras, keyboards and even as a tone shaping tool to run partial or complete mixes through. With 80dB of gain and a fully discrete Carnhill Transformer balanced signal path, there’s no recording, mixing or engineering task that the WA273 can’t handle.
- A dual-channel preamp modeled after the vintage and venerable '73-style of mic pre
- Hand wired and hand assembled
- UK custom Carnhill transformer
- 80dB of gain - resistor stepped gain switch
- TONE button - Changes input transformer impedance for varying tone
- 48v phantom power, XLR & TRS inputs, Line level TRS input, XLR & TRS line level outputs
- 19" rackable
Call or click to order.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.