- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Palmer Audio Palmer Audio PLI-06 Line Level Converter 2-In 1-Out
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J55942 000000000 J55942000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
In our modern world, lectures and presentations are mostly held with audio and visual media support. Connecting laptop computers to the mixing consol...Click To Read More About This Product
Makes hooking up your laptop to your mixing console a cinch.
In our modern world, lectures and presentations are mostly held with audio and visual media support. Connecting laptop computers to the mixing consoles of PA systems, however, can be a major problem due to incompatible connector formats. The Palmer Line Level Convertor PL-I06 is a dedicated interface to feed the unbalanced stereo signal typically provided by a laptop to the balanced (mono) microphone inputs of professional mixing desks. It mixes the stereo output to mono while impedance matching and signal balancing are achieved by a high-quality audio transformer especially designed for the unit. Moreover, it also prevents ground loops and the annoying hum they result in. The PL-I06 is entirely passive and does not require mains power or batteries.
Connecting the PL-I06
Equipment providing audio output on RCA phono sockets is connected to the PL-I06's inputs using a shielded RCA stereo cable. For best results with laptops, it is recommend using your headphones output (usually on a 3.5 mm miniature stereo socket). Use a shielded TRS mini jack to two RCA phono cable for connection to the PLI06. Place the unit close to the signal source and keep the input cable as short as possible since the unbalanced signal path is susceptible to interference. The PLI06's output is on a standard wiring male XLR connector. Use a high-quality microphone cable for connection to the mixing console. Due to the balanced lo-Z signal provided by the Palmer Line Level Converter cable lengths are uncritical while interference-free signal integrity is maintained.
- Product type: Line Isolators
- Channels: 1
- Inputs: 2
- Input connectors: RCA
- Input type: unbalanced
- Input impedance: 6 kOhm(s)
- Max. input level: +6 dBu
- Outputs: 1
- Output connectors: XLR
- Output type: balanced
- Output impedance: 600 Ohm(s)
- Max. output level: +6 dBu
- Transformer balanced: yes
- Ratio: 1 : 1
- Frequency response: 20 - 20,000 Hz
- Cabinet material: sheet steel/aluminium
- Cabinet surface: powder coated
- Width: 130 mm
- Depth: 60 mm
- Height: 35 mm
- Weight: 0.25 kg
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.