- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Phoenix Audio API 500 series Mic Pre & DI
- Write a Review
- #L00314 000000000 L00314000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
This mono, 500-series Preamp and DI takes a modern approach to Class-A circuit design, delivering a wide range of tones without sacrificing the belov...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A 500-series preamp and DI to sweeten your signal
This mono, 500-series Preamp and DI takes a modern approach to Class-A circuit design, delivering a wide range of tones without sacrificing the beloved, vibe-y aspects of its Class-A circuits. The unique DRS circuit can go from ultra-clean sounds suitable for audiophile recordings all the way to the warm, saturated tones reminiscent of the UK's most heralded vintage designs. Versatility and superior sound have made the DRS Preamp/DI a top-tier choice for engineers around the world and a modern-day classic.
The DRS’s electronically-balanced, transformerless mic input circuit delivers fast transients and the full frequency spectrum, while still delivering the full, warm and smooth characteristics that make engineers love Class-A mic preamps. Boldly outperforming transformer-based designs in both the frequency response and slew rate, the DRS delivers articulate, punchy and full-bodied input signals, allowing you to drive the output stage for a vast range of pure Class-A tones—from bold clarity to vintage warmth, and everything in-between.
Because you're working with a clean, robust, electronically-balanced input signal, the DRS Mic Preamp/DI makes dialing in your exact sound easy, intuitive and quick.Working with the familiar stepped input gain control and the -30dB pad against the variable output fader, you can dial in your preferred tones without having to consider an overly complex gain structure. Like so many other engineers, you'll find yourself reaching for the DRS Mic Preamp/DI over and over again to reliably deliver a vast array of outstanding sounds for any instrument or voice you're recording.
- Phoenix Audio's unique Class A, transformerless, true-balanced mic input stage
- Phoenix Audio's transformer-balanced DSOP-2 Class-A discrete output stage with custom wound DB694 output transformer
- Wired with PTFE silver plated military grade cable
Get a diverse set of tones from ultra-clean to warm saturation—order soon.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.