- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Phoenix Audio Nicerizer Junior - 16 Channel DAW Summing Mixer
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L45119 000000000 L45119000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Discerning engineers won’t settle for in-the-box mixing when the dimension, punch, and articulation of analog summing can vastly improve their produc...Click To Read More About This Product
A more affordable version of Phoenix's flagship summing mixer.
Discerning engineers won’t settle for in-the-box mixing when the dimension, punch, and articulation of analog summing can vastly improve their productions. Phoenix’s Nicerizer series summing mixers incorporate features and circuitry that have made it a legendary tone machine.
A Summing Mixer (not Amplifier)
The Nicerizer is a true mixer, with precision, dented pan knobs on each of the 16 channels. These dented pan-pots are unmatched for both precision stereo placement and ease of recall, and they are a key ingredient the huge, open sound of the Nicerizer.
Driving a Versatile, Class-A Input Circuit
Transformers slow things down, which can be great in some cases, but if you’re stuck with transformers, then you’re stuck with slower transients (slew-rates). The Nicerizer Jr.’s electronically balanced input stage can be driven modestly for ultra-clear hi-fi sound, or you can engage a +8db switch on any channel individually to drive the circuit for a fatter, more saturated sound that only Discrete Class-A buffer amps can deliver.
Legendary Transformer-Balanced Output Stage
Once mixed, the stereo signal hits a pair of custom-wound DB694 output transformers, which have been coupled to Phoenix's proprietary, fully discrete DSOP-2 output amplifier. Even better, on the Nicerizer Jr. Phoenix gives you a pair of stereo main outputs, each with its own level control. The DSOP-2 represents the pinnacle of Class-A output circuits, offering a smooth transition from ultra-clean to beautifully saturated tones.
The Nicerizer’s 16 individual inputs can accept both balanced and unbalanced signals without any of the gain loss typical on most mixer inputs. This is an increasingly useful feature as looping through guitar pedals and even recording midi-driven analog synths in real time while mixing are fast becoming standard practices.
- 2U 19″ rack mountable
- Class A Discrete Line Input Technology
- 16 Channels
- Custom transformers on outputs
- 4 x Balanced XLR’s outputs
- Class A characteristics
- 16 x Detented Pan pots
Precision imaging and robust tone. Order today.
- 16 channels of our Class A, discrete, truly balanced transformerless input stage.
- Our proven and loved Class A, discrete, custom transformer balanced output stage (DSOP-2).
- Individual pan control for each channel with detented/stepped pots for extra control (16 x Pan pots)
- 16 x Balanced Input via D-sub inputs, wired as Tascam DA88 standard. Can accept balanced or unbalanced input with no -6dB loss.
- 4 x XLR balanced outputs with custom transformers on every output.
- +8dB Boost button on each channel.
- Two Master mix bus output level controls.
- Main Outputs on Balanced XLR’s
- Maximum Output Level of +26dB.
- Huge headroom available on all channels.
- All units are wired with PTFE silver plated military grade cable.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.