Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 9 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
PreSonus Eris E5 High-Definition 2-Way 5.25" Nearfield Studio Monitortrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
- Free Shipping
- Top Rated
- Lowest Price
- Ships Internationally
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Eris E5 5.25" Powered Studio Monitor (Each)
Both Eris models provide balanced XLR, balanced 1/4" TRS, and unbalanced RCA line-level inputs. When both balanced connections are in use, the TRS input will supersede the XLR input. The RCA input is summed into the signal path. With this selection, you'll have no problem hooking your Eris speakers up with virtually any line-level source. (If your signal source has unbalanced, 1/4" TS outputs, simply use a 1/4"-to-RCA adapter or adapter cable.)
You're in control!
Today's music producers deal with a wide variety of musical genres and often work in more than one location. It's easy to take your Eris speakers with you when you want to work in a different space. It's almost as easy to customize their sound for your room and type of music.
The most basic control is the Input Gain, which determines the signal level before it reaches the power amp. This is part of gain-staging your overall system—that is, setting the levels for every part of the recording chain in order to get the optimal level of clean audio all the way through. Once you've gain-staged your system, you can leave this control alone.
The Eris E5/E8 provides three EQ controls in its Acoustic Tuning section: High, Mid and Low Cutoff. These controls enable you to fine-tune the monitors and even to broadly approximate the sounds of different types of speakers so you can hear what your mix might sound like, for instance, on a car stereo or portable radio. The Low control also is useful when using the E5 or E8 with a subwoofer.
Any loudspeaker is subject to an assortment of environmental and performance problems, and Eris monitors offer protection from most common of these. RF shielding protects against radio frequencies that could be induced into the signal and become audible. (If you've ever heard a radio broadcast unexpectedly coming out of a guitar amp, that's the result of RF interference.)
Eris monitors also provide over-temperature protection to avoid heat-related issues, current-output limiting (to prevent damage should there be a short circuit on the speaker terminals) and subsonic protection to filter out extremely low-frequency vibrations that could interfere with the woofer's performance. Finally, Eris' power amplifiers have a "soft startup," so that you don't get damaging pops in the speakers when you power them up.
- 5.25" Kevlar low-frequency transducer
- 1" (25 mm), ultralow-mass, silk-dome, high-frequency transducer
- 70-watt Class-AB biamplification
- Front-firing acoustic port for superior bass-frequency reproduction
- Midrange (±6dB, continuously variable), HF (±6dB, continuously variable), High-Pass (Off, 80Hz, 100Hz) and Acoustic Space settings (flat, -2dB -4dB) for accurate mixing contour
- RF interference, output current limiting, over-temperature, transient and subsonic protection
- Optimized, resonance-suppressing internal bracing
- Balanced XLR/1/4" and unbalanced RCA inputs
- 102dB maximum continuous SPL
- Includes Studio One Prime and Studio Magic, a suite of over $1,000 USD worth of music production software
Accurately monitor your mix with Eris studio monitors.
Eris E5 High-Definition 2-Way 5.25" Nearfield Studio Monitor Specifications:Inputs
- 1 Balanced XLR
- 1 Balanced 1/4" TRS
- 1 Unbalanced RCA
- Frequency Response: 53Hz–22kHz
- Crossover Frequency: 3kHz
- LF Amplifier Power: 45W
- HF Amplifier Power: 35W
- Peak SPL (@ 1 meter): 102dB
- LF Driver: 5.25" Kevlar
- HF Driver: 1" silk dome
- Input Impedance: 10 kOhm
- Volume Range: A-type taper
- MF Control: -6, 0, +6dB
- HF Control: -6, 0, +6dB
- Low Cut: Flat, 80Hz, 100Hz
- Acoustic Space: Flat, -2dB, -4dB
- RF interference
- Output-current limiting
- Turn-on/off transient
- Subsonic filter
- External mains fuse
- 100-120V 50/60Hz or 220-240V 50/60Hz
- Vinyl-laminated, medium-density fiberboard
- Width 7" (178 mm)
- Depth 7.68" (195 mm)
- Height 10.24" (260 mm)
- Weight 10.2 lb. (4.63 kg)
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.