Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
PreSonus Studio Channel Tube Channel Striptrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
- Free Shipping
- Top Rated
- Top Seller
- Flexible Financing
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
A powerful recording channel strip in a 1 rackspace unit!
Enhance your signal path
The Presonus Studio Channel was designed to outperform preamplifiers that are built-in to most recording interfaces and affordable mixers. Add a VCA-based compressor and studio-grade equalizer to the class A tube preamp and you get not only big, fat, tube tonality but also complete control of your tone and sounds. Since much of the recording process is accomplished one track at a time, you need a signal path that can deliver a variety of high quality tones and sounds, which is why the Studio Channel is a prime tool for any studio.
Class A Tube Preamplifier
The Studio Channel has everything needed to deliver big tone. The preamplifier stage of the Studio Channel is based on the award-winning BlueTube preamplifier with a high-output 12AX7 vacuum tube operating on voltages higher than other preamplifiers in its class. It delivers high headroom and big tone. Dual control Gain and Tube Drive enables a wide range of sounds from transparent and clear to edgy and overdriven.
Full-Featured VCA Compressor
The compressor in the channel strip is a fully variable ultra-fast and smooth VCA-based circuit with all of the controls needed for a wide-range of compression settings: ratio, threshold, attack, release, and gain make up. The VCA-based compressor is known for musicality as well as ultra fast attack with the ability to tame the fastest transients. From slap bass, to snare drum, to vocals, the Studio Channel's compressor stage allows you to record as hot as needed without clipping giving you total dynamic control.
Three-Band Parametric EQ
The equalizer in the PreSonus Studio Channel is like a Swiss Army pocket knife, with the ability to carve out unwanted frequencies as well as tailor your tone to enhance your sound. The custom-designed amplifiers in the EQ deliver sweet-sounding gain/cut for ultra smooth highs, deep, solid lows, and clear midrange. The mid-band of the EQ section has variable Q for controlling the width around the center point of the selected frequency. High and low frequency bands give you the option for selecting peak/dip or shelving frequencies.
- Class A vacuum tube microphone/instrument preamplifier
- Tube gain and tube drive
- Variable VCA compressor (threshold, ratio, attack, release, make up
- gain, auto, soft)
- 3-band parametric EQ
- Precision analog VU meter for gain reduction and output
- EQ Pre/Post compressor switch
- 80Hz high pass filter
- 20dB pad
- Phase invert
- Rugged metal chassis
- High headroom
- Ultra low noise design
Studio Channel Tube Channel Strip Specifications:
- Channels: One
- Dynamic Range: >115dB
- Headroom: +22dB
- Frequency Response: 10Hz to 50kHz
- Internal Operating Level: 0dBu = 0B
- Microphone Preamp:
- Gain: -6dB to +66dB (+/-10dB Trim on line input)
- Noise Floor: -96dBu
- EIN: -126dB
- THD + Noise (0% Tube Drive): <0.050%
THD + Noise (100% Tube Drive): <0.10%
Microphone Input Connector: XLR
- Microphone Input Impedance: 1.3KOhm
- Instrument Input Connector: 1/4" TS
- Instrument Input Impedance: 1 Meg Ohm
- Line Input Connector: 1/4" TRS
- Line Input Impedance: 10 kOhm
- Phantom Power (switchable): +48V
- Pad (switchable): 0dB/-20dB
- Phase (switchable): 0, 180 degrees
- Hi-pass filter (switchable): -3dB at 80Hz
- Threshold (variable): -40dBu to +20dBu
- Ratio (variable): 1-10 (1:1 to 2:1)
- Attack (variable): 0.1 to 200 ms
- Release (variable): 0.05 ms to 3 S
- Gain Make-up: -10dB to +10 dB
- Metering: Analog VU (gain reduction / Output)
- Low Band (+/-13dB): 40Hz to 500Hz
- Mid Band (+/-13dB): 200Hz to 3kHz
- High Band (+/-13dB): 2kHz to 20kHz
- Q (variable all bands): Q=0.7 to 2.5
- Output Fader: -70dB to +10dB
- Output Connectors: XLR balanced and 1/4" TRS
- Output Impedance: 51 ohms
- Metering (output level): Analog VU (-20dBu to
- Meter (gain reduction): Analog VU (-20dB to 0dB)
- Output headroom: +22dBu
- Power Supply:
- Type: Linear
- Input: 16VAC / 1000mA
- Power: 16 Watts
- Transformer: External (country specific)
- Size: 1U Rack
- Dimensions: 19W" x 1.75"H x 5.5D"
- Weight: 5lb.
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.