- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
QSC KW153 Active Loudspeaker 1000w 15" 3-Way
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J01730 000000000 J01730000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
With proven performance and solid workmanship, the KW153 takes the next evolutionary step in wood enclosure loudspeakers. QSC engineers combined all ...Click To Read More About This Product
Full-range system with tons of low-end punch.
With proven performance and solid workmanship, the KW153 takes the next evolutionary step in wood enclosure loudspeakers. QSC engineers combined all the technical advancements of the K Series with a custom-designed, tour-grade Baltic birch cabinet for unmatched sound quality and durability that’s ready for the road.
Although smaller and lighter than previous wood enclosure models, the KW153 has power to spare and cranks out clean, tight sound at output levels that seem almost impossible for its size. This 3-way workhorse pushes out so much bottom end that your audience will swear you’re hiding subwoofers somewhere.
Under the hood you'll find an efficient, Class-D power module that pumps out 1000 watts of clean, distortion-free sound with crisp highs and deep, punchy lows. With 60 degrees of coverage, the KW153's 15". woofer drives low frequencies down to 33Hz making it especially useful for DJing and live reinforcement of instruments. The 6.5-in. mid-range woofer and 1.75-in. compression driver produce smooth, clear mids and crisp highs. Equally comfortable as a stage monitor, the KW153 enclosure has an angled side for use as a low-profile, horizontal wedge and a flat side for proper side-fill use.
QSC incorporates several proprietary DSP technologies into the KW153, including Digital Extension and Excursion Processing (DEEP). DEEP allows the KW153 to deliver levels of low-frequency extension previously impossible in enclosures of this size. Another innovation is Intrinsic Correction, which uses dozens of spatially-averaged measurements mapped to the processor to deliver smooth and accurate reproduction across the entire sound field. Preventing amplifier clipping or overload is QSC's proprietary GuardRail technology, which monitors the input voltage and controls the amplifier output stage before the onset of clipping.
Connectivity & Monitoring
The back of the KW153 features two XLR-combi inputs, each with its own level control. Both accommodate line-level inputs and one may be switched to microphone level sensitivity. Phono (RCA) input jacks are also included for connection of consumer electronics sources. Dual XLR outputs are provided for dual "loop-thru" XLR/M connectors and a single XLR jack is available as a summed output. All three input sources may be used at once and mixed via the two gain control knobs. In addition, user EQ controls are provided to select between different subwoofer settings. For installed applications, connecting a commonly available potentiometer to the unit's Euroblock connector allows the operator to have gain control from a remote location. Multiple KW Series units can be daisy-chained together to one centralized control.
Suspension and Mounting
The KW153 may be pole-mounted, suspended, or yoke-mounted. The yoke accessory kit (not included) allows for either horizontal or vertical yoke mounting, providing a flexible means of attaching KW Series loudspeakers to a building structure or truss. When suspended deployment is required, M10 threaded inserts support vertical or horizontal suspension, while the integral pole-mount socket accommodates 35 mm speaker poles for use on a speaker stand or over a sub. The pole socket is designed so that the speaker may be angled down 7.5 degrees in order to cover the audience while keeping acoustic energy off reflective walls and ceilings.
- Active/passive: Active
- Type: Three-way full range
- LF driver: 15 in.
- MF driver: 6.5 in.
- HF driver: 1.75 in.
- Amplifier class: D
- Wattage: 1000W continuous
- Mixer/preamp: No
- Frequency response: 33Hz - 20 kHz
- Coverage pattern: 60° assymetrical
- Max SPL: 133 dB
- XLR: 2 XLR/TRS
- RCA: Stereo pair
- XLR: 3
- RCA: 2
- Cabinet material: 15 mm painted birch ply
- Width: 23.4"
- Height: 20.1"
- Depth: 29.9"
- Weight: 88 lb.
Order today to own the last pair of speakers you'll ever need.
- Configuration 15" 3-way trapezoidal
- Low-frequency: 15" cone transducer
- Mid-frequency: 6.5" midrange cone transducer
- High-frequency: 1.75" diaphragm compression driver
- Frequency Response (-6 dB) 35 Hz - 18 kHz
- Frequency Range (-10 dB)334 Hz - 20 kHz
- Nominal Coverage (-6 dB) 75 axisymmetric
- Maximum SPL1 134 dB peak
- Power Output2 1000 W Class D (500 W LF, 500 W HF) continuous
- 2000 W peak
- Input Impedance (ohms) Channel A XLR / ¼":
- Mic gain setting : Balanced: Unbalanced
- 0 dB : 38k : 19k
- +12 dB : 10k : 5k
- +24 dB : 2.66k : 1.33k
- +36 dB : 660 ohms : 330 ohms
- Channel B XLR / ¼": 38k balanced / 19k unbalanced
- Channel B RCA: 10k
- Power, Gain A, Gain B, Channel A Input Gain (0 dB / 12 dB / 24 dB / 36 dB), LF Mode (Ext Sub/Norm/DEEP), HF Mode (Flat/Vocal Boost), Front LED (On/Off/Limit)
- Indicators: Power, Signal A, Signal B, Standby, Limit, Mic (24 dB and 36 dB settings)
- Connectors: Balanced female XLR/¼" line/mic level input, Balanced female XLR/¼" line level input, Dual Balanced male XLR full range line level out , Balanced male XLR "mix" out, Stereo RCA line level input, Remote gain control, Locking IEC power connector
- Cooling: On demand, 50 mm variable speed fan
- Amplifier Protection: Thermal limiting, output overcurrent, overtemperature muting, GuardRail
- Transducer Protection: Thermal limiting, excursion limiting
- AC Power Input: Universal power supply 100-240 VAC, 50 - 60 Hz
- AC Power Consumption (1/8 Power)
- 100 VAC, 2.3 A
- 120 VAC, 2.01 A
- 230 VAC, 1.13 A
- Material: 15 mm painted birch plywood
- Finish: Black textured paint
- Grille : Black powder coated 16 gauge steel
- Dimensions (HWD): 43.1" x 18.5" x 16.8"
- Weight (Net): 87lb
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.