Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 9 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Radical new power amp from the masters.
Flexible Amplifier Summing Technology (FAST)
PLD amplifiers feature Flexible Amplifier Summing Technology (FAST) that actively distributes the total amplifier power in various combinations across one, two, three, or all four outputs. This flexibility allows PLD Series amplifiers to drive (for example) four full-range loudspeakers or subwoofers; a high-power subwoofer and a bi-amplified speaker; a single high-power full-range loudspeaker and subwoofer combo; or multiple power-hungry subwoofers from a single, very high output mono-block.
Advanced Amplifier Technology
The PLD Series amplifiers use QSC fourth generation class-D power amp design in combination with a custom power stage utilizing a new, purpose-built output device. These innovative MOSFET devices provide high voltage operation without needing a full bridge output and offer superior audio quality due to co-location of the semiconductors. Additionally PLD amps benefit from the famed and road-proven PowerLight power supply, further enhanced with Power Factor Correction (PFC) that aligns the current waveform with the AC mains voltage waveform. PFC enables PLD Series amps to draw current from the wall in a more efficient and controlled manner resulting in incredible power from a single standard AC breaker. Additionally, the PLD Series amps offer multi-stage sleep modes, saving energy when possible without ever sacrificing performance. The result is an exceptionally powerful and flexible platform that offers low weight and outstanding efficiency.
PLD Series is more than just an amplifier; it is also a capable and sophisticated loudspeaker processor. The close integration of processing and amplification allows the DSP to monitor and better respond to amplifier behavior, making dynamics processing far more accurate and effective than that typically achieved with separate components. This synergistic approach employs both RMS and Peak Limiters that allow the combination of amplifier and loudspeaker to produce more output without being pushed to distortion or destruction.
In addition to the dynamics processing, the onboard DSP offers four channels of crossover filters, parametric EQ, and alignment delay - everything needed to optimize a loudspeaker system. PLD amplifiers also offer Intrinsic Correction, a combination of IIR and FIR Filtering and loudspeaker processing methodology first developed for our WideLine line array loudspeakers. Intrinsic Correction compensates for the non-linearities in loudspeaker array and horn design and results in notably superior performance from your QSC loudspeakers.
The on-board processing is managed and stored as presets, with 20 factory presets for the most common loudspeaker applications. For greater customization, the built-in Preset Wizard streamlines amplifier setup and provides loudspeaker selection from a list of top selling passive loudspeakers.
With four channels of amplification plus drive rack signal processing in just 2RU, the PLD Series replaces equipment taking up as much as three times the rack-space.
Simple to Use
With a dedicated front panel UI complete with LED meters and indicators, a 400x240 TFT color display, a rotary encoder and ergonomic navigation buttons, PLD amplifiers provide an intuitive interface for the user to control the system. The simplicity of the PLD amps is further illustrated by the fact that a complete system can be set up in mere minutes.
- Flexible Amplifier Summing Technology (FAST) drives most any loudspeaker system or configuration by distributing total amplifier power across one, two, three or all four channels.
- Four channels of full function onboard loudspeaker DSP with Crossover and Parametric EQ Filters, Limiting and Alignment Delay eliminate the need for outboard loudspeaker processors.
- Powerful Intrinsic Correction processing maximizes the sonic performance of QSC loudspeakers.
- 20 Factory Preset configurations that can be modified and stored in the 50 User Presets.
- PowerLight universal switchmode power supply with PFC for highest effiency, improved audio performance, and low weight.
- Four Input XLR connectors, and six NL-4 Output connectors.
- Integrated front panel with channel Select and Mute buttons, Input and Output LED Metering, 400x240 LCD, intuitive navigation buttons, LED power button and indicator, and cast aluminum handles.
- Preset Wizard simplifies amplifier configuration providing loudspeaker selection from a list of the top selling passive speakers.
Order now and enter into unprecedented sound, control and reliability.
PLD4.2 Multi-Channel System Processing Amplifier Specifications:
- 4 Ch. Continuous
- 8 Ohms: 400 Watts
- 4 Ohms: 400 Watts
- 2 Ohms: 325 Watts
- 2 Ch. Continuous
- 8 Ohms: 800 Watts
- 4 Ohms: 800 Watts
- 2 Ohms: 650 Watts
- 1 Ch. Continuous
- 8 Ohms: 1600 Watts
- 4 Ohms: 1600 Watts
- 2 Ohms: 1600 Watts
- 1 Ohms: 1600 Watts
- 1600 Watts
- 1600 Watts
- 1600 Watts
- Typical Distortion
- 8 Ohms: 0.01 - 0.03%
- 4 Ohms: 0.03 - 0.06%
- Maximum Distortion
- 4 Ohms - 8 Ohms: 1.0%
- Frequency response: (8 Ohms) 20 Hz - 15 kHz +/- 0.2 dB
- 20 Hz - 20 kHz +0.2 dB / -0.7 dB
- Unweighted Output Unmuted: -101 dB
- Weighted Output Muted: -109 dB
- Gain (1.2V setting): 34.0 dB
- Damping factor: >150
- Input impedance: >10k, balanced or unbalanced
- Maximum input level
- (3.9V setting): 12.28V (+24 dBu)
- (1.2V setting): 3.88V (+14 dBu)
- Controls and indicators (front) Power Ohms Ohms¢ Channel MUTE Buttons, Channel SELECT Buttons, Channel Input Signal and CLIP LED Indicators
- Channel Output and LIMIT LED Meters: HOME, ENTER, EXIT, GAIN Navigation Buttons: Control Knob
- Controls and indicators (rear): AC Power Disconnect
- Input connectors: Female XLR
- Output connectors: NL4
- Amplifier and load protection: Short circuit, open circuit, thermal, RF protection. On/Off muting, DC fault shutdown, active inrush limiting, input current limiting
- AC Power Input: Universal Power Supply 100 - 240 VAC, 50 - 60 Hz
- Dimensions: (HWD) 3.5" x 19" x 12"
- Weight: 18.5 lb
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.