- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Radial Engineering PreMax 500 Series Channel Strip
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J04471 000000000 J04471000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The PreMax is an all-in-one channel strip that combines a low noise mic preamplifier with a state-of-the-art 3 band equalizer to deliver exceptionall...Click To Read More About This Product
500 Series channel strip with mic preamp, 3-band EQ and instrument input.
The PreMax is an all-in-one channel strip that combines a low noise mic preamplifier with a state-of-the-art 3 band equalizer to deliver exceptionally clean results each and every time it is used.
The design begins with a high performance Op-Amp coupled with Radial Engineering's unique Accustate gain control that simultaneously sets the input sensitivity and signal gain to deliver outstanding signal-to-noise at all levels. Visual monitoring is provided with LEDs for signal and overload. The preamp then feeds a traditional 3 band EQ for tone shaping. This musical sounding EQ lets you gently boost the top end for more clarity, add warmth to the bottom end, or cut back the mids on an overly aggressive instrument. A front panel switch lets you bypass the EQ and compare the pre-post effect. This is augmented with a high-pass filter to eliminate low-end resonance that can cause a track to sound muddy or lack detail. A 180 polarity reverse works double duty to either help align a stereo mic setup or enable the PreMax to be interfaced with older vintage gear that may not follow the AES Pin-2 hot convention. For safety, the 48V phantom power switch is recessed to prevent accidental turn-on which could damage tweeters or vintage ribbon microphones. When used with a Radial Workhorse power rack, the Omniport jack is configured as an instrument input and activated using a convenient front panel switch. When the Omniport is not connected, the switch acts like a microphone mute.
Designed to deliver quick, dependable results, the PreMax's integrated design eliminates the concern of matching levels between modules. You simply plug in, set the gain, tone shape and start recording. This makes the PreMax the perfect channel strip module for project studios, post production, broadcast and live recording.
- Combination preamp and 3 band equalizer
- Accustate gain control for low noise
- High-pass filter eliminates excessive resonance
- Dedicated instrument input for direct recording
Mic preamp and EQ in one module, add the PreMax 500 to your chassis today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.