- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Radial Engineering Studio-Q Desktop Cue & Talkback Controller
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- K45431 000000000 K45431000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Studio-Q is a compact studio talkback controller designed to provide a simple yet full-function cueing system that allows easy communication with...Click To Read More About This Product
Improves communication and adds professionalism to your studio.
The Studio-Q is a compact studio talkback controller designed to provide a simple yet full-function cueing system that allows easy communication with artists in a separate booth or on the other side of the control room glass. The Studio-Q begins with a centrally located talkback switch that activates the built-in microphone, illuminating a bright LED to indicate that the talkback channel to the artist is active. This is supplemented with an external mic input for a dynamic microphone, allowing a stand-mounted mic to function as the main talkback source, or act as an additional talkback mic for a producer. Both the internal and external microphone levels are set via individual trim controls along with a master mic volume. A Radial JR1 remote footswitch can be connected for hands-free activation of one or both talkback mic's. When the Studio-Q talkback is active, the signal is routed to the studio headphone system while it automatically dims the program to the desired level. A separate program level control allows instant access to the playback volume feeding the headphone mix.
Connecting audio to the Studio-Q is straightforward with balanced 1/4 in. TRS program inputs and outputs. The external mic input features a standard XLR for a dynamic microphone, while the JR1 remote connects via 1/4 in. jack. An additional 'remote out' 1/4 in. jack allows you to send a dry contact signal to an external device when the talkback switch is depressed. This can also be set to carry DC power and accommodate a remotely powered LED beacon to attract attention when the artist isn’t wearing headphones or is in the middle of a take. Following Radial’s pedigree for robust manufacturing, the Studio-Q is made from heavy 14-gauge steel for added durability and shielding against stray magnetic fields. A compact chassis size reduces the footprint on your desktop, with rubber feet that protect the work surface while keeping it firmly in place. The Studio-Q is powered by a 15VDC supply which may be locked in place using a cable clamp.
- Compact desktop cue system for studio recording
- Allows engineer & producer to talk to artist
- Built-in engineer mic and external producer mic input
- Improves studio efficiency, workflow and professionalism
Call or click to order today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.