- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Rode Microphones NT2-A Large-Capsule Studio Condenser Microphone (Original Non-Bundle Version)
- Write a Review
- 271597 000000000 271597000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The R˜DE NT2-A Large-Capsule Studio Condenser Microphone is a professional, one-inch condenser microphone with variable pick-up patterns, high-pass f...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Great versatility, creative control, and sweet sonics
The R˜DE NT2-A Large-Capsule Studio Condenser Microphone is a professional, one-inch condenser microphone with variable pick-up patterns, high-pass filter, and pad.
3 - 3-position switches located on the mic body provide selection of figure 8, cardioid, or omni polar pick-up patterns; from a flat response to either 80Hz or 40Hz high-pass filter; and pad adjustments of 0dB, -5dB, or -10dB attenuation.
The heart of the NT2-A is the Australian-designed and manufactured Type HF1 dual-diaphragm capsule. The frequency and transient response of this new transducer has been voiced to complement today's modern recording techniques and yet still evoke the silky smooth character of the legendary microphones of the '50s and '60s. Includes a soft pouch and clip.
The R˜DE NT2-A represents an uncommon technical achievement. Many mics today look similar, with 1" capsules, a mesh head, and a cylindrical body. It is only when you look a little deeper and listen carefully that the major differences become apparent. If there weren't differences, we would all buy $50.00 mics, and be very happy! Many microphones in the same category sell for thousands of dollars. The difference is that the costlier mics are made with the best parts and precision engineered. While these mics are superb, their smaller production volume makes them expensive. They're hand assembled with parts bought in small quantities
R˜DE has changed the industry by pioneering high quality volume production, investing in more design and tooling using the very finest components and capsules. R˜DE still offers the NT2-A at a price that would be impossible using older techniques and technologies.
Designed and manufactured at R˜DE's new $10,000,000.00 facility in Sydney, the NT2-A incorporates the latest innovations in transducer design, coupled to R˜DE's surface mount electronics, offering pure signal quality and the lowest noise levels of any microphones with the same features. R˜DE is so proud of the NT2-A that they now offer a full 10-year parts And labor guarantee.
Requires phantom power.
- Australian designed and manufactured HF1 1" edge terminated, gold sputtered, dual 5 um diaphragm capsule
- 3-position variable polar pattern: Omni, Cardioid & Figure 8; all controlled on the mic
- 3-position variable high-pass filter: Flat, 80Hz or 40Hz
- 3-position variable pad: 0dB, -5dB, or -10dB
- Ultra low noise, transformerless SMT circuitry
- Wide dynamic range
- High-strength heat-treated steel mesh head
- Durable satin nickel finish
- Internal capsule shockmounting
- Supplied complete with soft pouch and clip
- Designed and manufactured in Sydney, Australia
- Acoustic principle: Externally polarized 25 mm (1 in.) dual diaphragm
- Directional pattern: Multi-pattern
- Frequency range: 20Hz-20,000Hz
- Output impedance: 200
- Signal /Noise ratio DIN/IEC 651: 87 dB (1 kHz rel 1 Paper IEC651, IEC268-15)
- Equivalent noise: 7 dBA SPL (per IEC651, IEC268-15)
- Maximum SPL: 147 dB (@1%THD into 1k) 157 dB (@1%THD into 1k) - pad at maximum
- Sensitivity at 1 kHz into 1k: -36 dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (16 mV @94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB
- Maximum output voltage: +16 dBu (@1%THD into 1k)
- Dynamic range of the mic amplifier: DIN/IEC 651 140 dB (per IEC651, IEC268-15)
- Power (Supply voltage): 48 Volts (P48)
- Output Connection: 3 pin XLR, balanced output between pin 2 (+) and pin 3 (-). Pin 1 ground
- Weight approx.: 860 grm (4.23 oz)
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear