- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Rode NTG5 Shotgun Microphone
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L71562 000000000 L71562000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The RØDE NTG5 is a short, shotgun microphone with an ultra-lightweight aluminium body that makes it ideal for use on long, demanding shoots. Weighing...Click To Read More About This Product
An ultra-lightweight shotgun mic that can handle the most demanding applications.
The RØDE NTG5 is a short, shotgun microphone with an ultra-lightweight aluminium body that makes it ideal for use on long, demanding shoots. Weighing just 76g and measuring just over 20cm, the NTG5 is one of the most compact professional shotgun mics. Combined with a tightly controlled frequency response, smooth off-axis response and very low self-noise (just 10dBA), the NTG5 sounds spectacular in a wide variety of applications.
Like the legendary RØDE NTG3, the NTG5 sound fantastic as a voiceover mic.The NTG5 has a flatter low end, but a very similar high frequency response to the NTG3.
The NTG5 location recording kit includes the NTG5 mic, PG2-R pistol grip, WS10 windshield, RØDE foam windshield, PG2-R Pro cable, RM5 microphone clip and a small pouch bag.
- Revolutionary acoustic design, delivering a natural, uncolored sound
- Extremely lightweight (just 76g), and short in length (just 203mm)
- Tailored frequency response and very low self-noise of just 10dBA
- Highly directional supercardioid polar pattern and smooth off-axis response
- RF-bias technology and conformal coating ensure superior performance in adverse environmental conditions
Call or click to order today.
- Polar Pattern: Supercardioid shotgun
- Frequency Range: 20 Hz–20 kHz
- Frequency Response: 100 Hz–20 kHz ±3 dB // 50 Hz–20 kHz ±6 dB
- Acoustic Principle: RF-bias condenser
- Active Electronics: RF-bias demodulation
- Output Impedance: 25 Ω
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 84 dB
- Equivalent Noise: 10 dB SPL (A-weighted, as per IEC651)
- Input SPL at 1%THD: 130 dB SPL (1kHz at 1% THD, 600 Ω load)
- Power Requirements: 2 mA at 48V phantom power
- Sensitivity: -23.5 dB re. 1 Volt/Pascal or Better (66 mV @ 94 dB SPL @ 1 kHz)
- NTG5 Dimensions (LxWxH): 203mm x 19mm
- PG2-R Dimensions (LxWxH): 117mm x 60mm x 240mm
- NTG5 Weight: 76g
- PG2-R Weight: 224g
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.