- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Roland R-05 WAVE/MP3 Recorder
- Write a Review
- Product 485809
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The compact Roland R-05 WAV/MP3 Recorder is easy to use, affordable, and packed with big-ticket features that raise the bar in its price class. Exper...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A handheld 24-bit/96kHz WAV/MP3 recorder featuring a built-in stereo mic and onboard editing.
The compact Roland R-05 WAV/MP3 Recorder is easy to use, affordable, and packed with big-ticket features that raise the bar in its price class. Experience crystal-clear 24-bit/96kHz capture, enhanced recording and editing features, and extended battery life (over 16 hours per charge). On stage, in rehearsal, at school, on the street, in the boardroom”whenever inspiration strikes, the Roland R-05 captures the moment with convenience and quality.
The Roland R-05 provides pristine, uncompressed stereo recording directly to an SD card (2GB included) ” up to 24-bit/96kHz resolution. Whether recording directly with the built-in stereo mic or capturing sounds from an externally connected microphone or stereo line input, you'll be impressed with the R-05's detail and clarity. And for worry-free recording, the convenient Rehearsal mode ensures that you won't overload the input.
Even though the Roland R-05 recorder integrates fluidly with computers via USB 2.0, this new-generation recorder doesn't require a PC for editing. For speed and convenience, you can trim, divide, and combine within the R-05. And for those who'd like to apply a high-gloss finish to their recordings, the R-05 is equipped with built-in reverb.
In a rehearsal studio, you can make clear recordings of your band, even at high volume levels. The R-05 can automatically set the optimum recording level, and can split the songs for you automatically. It's also possible to simultaneously record a high-quality WAV file for CD production and an MP3 file for file sharing.
The Roland R-05 helps you practice your musical instrument or your vocals. You can repeatedly loop a specified region of audio, or change the playback speed without changing the pitch. You can play back a difficult phrase slowly or play back at high speed to grasp the overall structure of a song in a short time.
For Non-Musicians Too
Musicians will naturally gravitate to the Roland R-05, but this portable recorder is great for many non-musical applications as well. You can record lectures, speeches, and meetings, for example. The Roland R-05 recorder's high-sensitivity, built-in microphone will clearly capture all of the voices in a room. The included windscreen and tripod mount enhance optimal placement and cleaner recordings as well.
Protection On The Go
When you take your R-05 out in the field to record, protect it with the optional OP-R05C cover/windscreen (#485810) or the optional OP-R05S silicon rubber cover”all allow access to controls and display for protected use.
- High-quality stereo recording (24-bit / 96kHz) with the built-in stereo mic or external input
- Records directly to SD card with extended battery life (over 30 hours continuous playback, over 16 hours continuous recording)
- Includes 2GB SD card
- Strong, attractive metallic exterior
- Onboard editing functions; built-in reverb
- Music-practice features (change tempo without changing pitch, loop playback, etc.)
- Auto record start, auto song split, auto level adjust
- Pre-Record function (captures 2 seconds of audio that precedes pressing REC)
- Use as a high-quality portable audio player (plays WAV and MP3 files)
- Windscreen and tripod mount included
Get an affordable pocket recorder with advanced features today.
- Tracks: 2 (stereo one pair)
- Signal Processing: AD/DA conversion: 24 bits, 44.1/48/88.2/96 kHz
- Data Type (Recording)
- WAV (Sampling Rate: 44.1/48/88.2/96 kHz, Bit Depth: 16/24 bits)
- MP3 (Sampling Rate: 44.1/48 kHz, Bit Rates: 64/96/128/160/192/224/320 kbps)
- WAV + MP3 (Sampling Rate: 44.1/48 kHz, Bit Depth: 16 bits, Bit Rates: 128 kbps)
- Data Type (Playback)
- WAV (Sampling Rate: 32/44.1/48/88.2/96 kHz, Bit Depth: 16/24 bits)
- MP3 (Sampling Rate: 32/44.1/48 kHz, Bit Rates: 32 - 320 kbps or VBR)
- Memory Card: SD Card, SDHC format compatible
- Recording Time*
- WAV (24-bit/96 kHz): 27 mins/GB
- WAV (24-bit/88.2 kHz): 30 mins/GB
- WAV (24-bit/48 kHz): 54 mins/GB
- WAV (24-bit/44.1 kHz): 59 mins/GB
- WAV (16-bit/96 kHz): 40 mins/GB
- WAV (16-bit/88.2 kHz): 44 mins/GB
- WAV (16-bit/48 kHz): 81 mins/GB
- MP3 (320 kbps): 392 mins/GB
- WAV (16-bit/44.1 kHz): 88 mins/GB
- MP3 (128 kbps): 980 mins/GB
- * Each recording time is approximate. The times may change depending on the card specifications.
- * In the case of plural files, the sum of recording time would be shorter than above.
- Audio Inputs: Internal Stereo Microphone, Mic input (Stereo miniature phone type, plug-in powered mic), Line input (Stereo miniature phone type) *The Internal/External Mic and the Line input can't be used at the same time (Line input priority).
- Audio Output: Phones (Stereo miniature phone type)
- Nominal Input Level (Variable)
- Mic input: -33 dBu (MIC GAIN is H, Default input level)
- Mic input: -15 dBu (MIC GAIN is L, Default input level)
- Line input: -7 dBu (Default input level)
- * 0 dBu = 0.775 Vrms
- Input Impedance
- Mic input (MIC GAIN is H): 7k ohms
- Mic input (MIC GAIN is L): 5k ohms
- Line input: 8 k ohms
- Output Level: 20 mW + 20 mW (In case 16 ohms load)
- Recommended Load Impedance: 16 ohms or greater
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 40 kHz
- USB Interface: Mini-B type connector (support USB 2.0/1.1 mass storage device class)
- Reverb: 4 types (Hall1, Hall2, Room, Plate)
- Speed change: 50 - 150 % of playback speed
- * Playback only. Excludes playback in 88.2 kHz or 96 kHz.
- * Reverb and Speed Change can't be used at the same time.
- Display: 128 x 64 dot graphic display
- Power Supply: AC Adapter
- Alkaline dry battery LR6 (AA) type x 2 or Nickel Hydrogen battery (HR15/51) x 2
- Current Draw: 290 mA (maximum)
- Duration of continuous use with alkaline battery operation
- Playback: over 30 hours
- Recording: over 16 hours
- * These figures will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.
- Accessories: Owner's manual, Quick start guide, SD card, Batteries (two AA), USB cable (mini-B type), Windscreen
- Options (sold separately): AC Adapter: PSB6U series, Silicone Rubber Case: OP-R05S, Cover / Windscreen Set: OP-R05C, Carrying Pouch: OP-RP1, Microphone Stand Adapter: OP-MSA1, Binaural Microphones / Earphones: CS-10EM, Stereo Microphone: CS-15S
- Width: 2" - 8" (60mm)
- Depth: 4-1/16" (103mm)
- Height:1" (25mm)
- Weight: 5 oz. (140g)