- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
sE Electronics sE4400A Large Diaphragm Multi-Pattern Condenser
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J11813 000000000 J11813000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Like the classic multi-pattern European condensers, the 4400a is all about versatility. You can use it for any number of different sound sources and ...Click To Read More About This Product
Like the classic multi-pattern European condensers, the 4400a is all about versatility. You can use it for any number of different sound sources and it will sound great. There is a richly deserved cult status surrounding these vintage microphones, which of course makes them expensive, and even when you find one, sometimes they require maintenance. Authentic parts suffer the same availability issue. sE designed the 4400a with this problem in mind. Many studio owners needed a multi-pattern mic with a vintage sound profile that was as reliable as the tides. The 4400a features a hand-made brass capsule and the four most commonly used polar patterns. It sounds fantastic on everything. Vocals, guitars, toms, overheads, classical pianos, strings and more.
The 4400a's back-to-back brass-ringed capsules are hand-built and hand-tuned, just like any fine musical instrument. The flat, round-edged chassis design and custom suspension mount allow the mic to be centered within the shock, flipped around and used flat against a drum head or guitar cab, or angled outwards and pushed through inside of a kick drum. And at less than 3/4" thick, it fits neatly in the palm of your hand, but is built to take a beating on the road.
The mic has a unique, black, non-reflective, non-marking, rubberized finish which is ideal for live stage, theatre, TV and broadcast applications which require lighting.
- Four polar patterns
- Superb sound and versatility
- Low profile and sleek design
- Versatile shockmount
Four polar patterns, a vintage-style brass capsule, two bass cuts and two pads, and the most adaptable shockmount around. Order today.
- Analog or digital: Analog
- Frequency response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Max SPL: 122/132/142 (w/pads)
- Connector: XLR
- Capsule: Condenser
- Polar pattern: Card/Hyper/Omni/Fig 8
- Switches: Pad -10 dB, -20 dB
- Phantom power required: Yes
- Weight: 280 g
- Case: Yes
- Clip: Yes
- Shockmount: Yes
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.