- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Shure 503BG Gooseneck Microphone
- Write a Review
- #270929 000000000 270929000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Developed for computer voice recognition applications, the Shure 503BG gooseneck microphone offers excellent voice fidelity while reducing background...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Perfect for paging and talkback applications.
Developed for computer voice recognition applications, the Shure 503BG gooseneck microphone offers excellent voice fidelity while reducing background noise. The 503BG mic features a low-impedance, moving coil type transducer with an integral humbucking coil and an attached 2-conductor shielded cable with a built-in strain relief. It produces a frequency response with an essentially constant output voltage over the voice spectrum when used close to the sound source. The 503BG mounts to a gooseneck (not included), a fixed pipe or a microphone stand using a standard 5/8"-27 thread. It comes with an aluminum case with a black enamel finish.
The 503BG mic maximizes performance in close-talking applications through its tailored frequency response, directionality and distance discrimination. It optimizes and controls sounds within the 100 to 7000 Hz frequency range and reduces sounds outside that range. The Shure microphone rejects noise through its inherent directional properties and discriminates against distant sounds in favor of close-range sounds. This gooseneck mic is highly suitable for close-talking applications such as paging and talkback.
Note: There is no connector end. It is just the three bare wires for slipping into the tube when mounting.
- Optimized performance in voice processing and computer voice recognition applications
- Smooth frequency response with excellent fidelity in the voice range
- Cardioid pickup pattern and close-talking operation keep unwanted signals and background noise at low levels
- Constant output over voice spectrum when close talked
- Humbucking coil minimizes undesirable hum effects such as CRT (Cathode Ray Tube) interference
- Low-impedance design permits long cable runs in extreme hum fields
- Small unobtrusive design does not interfere with CRT visibility
- Frequency response: 100 to 7,000 Hz
- Type: Dynamic, unidirectional (cardioid), close-talking
- Frequency Response: 100 to 7,000 Hz
- Impedance: 170 ohms actual
- Output Level (Open Circuit Voltage): -61.5 dBV/Pa (.84mV) : 1 Pa = 94 dBSPL
- -41.5 dB (8.4 mV): 0 dB = 1V/100 microbar
- Polarity: Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on white conductor with respect to black conductor (Figure 2)
- Hum Pickup: Maximum 15 dB equivalent SPL in m0e field
- Cable: 1.2 m (4 ft) two-conductor shielded
- Case: Aluminum with black enamel finish; stainless steel screen
- Dimensions (Length x Diameter): 2-5/8" x 1-3/8" (67 x 34.6 mm)
- Net Weight: 128 g (4.5 oz
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.