- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Shure VP88 Stereo Microphone
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L67996 000000000 L67996000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Shure Model VP88 is a single-point, stereo condenser microphone for use in professional studio recording, field production, electronic news gathe...Click To Read More About This Product
Rugged realism and reliability.
The Shure Model VP88 is a single-point, stereo condenser microphone for use in professional studio recording, field production, electronic news gathering (ENG), and studio broadcasting applications. It combines two condenser cartridges in a single housing to create a stereo audio image of the sound source. It is unique in its ability to capture the realism of a live event and yet withstand rigorous field production environments.
One cartridge (Mid) faces forward to capture on-axis sound using a cardioid pickup pattern. The other cartridge (Side) is bi-directional, capturing sound from either side. The VP88 contains an internal M-S matrix with three settings for different degrees of stereo image separation. The internal matrix can be bypassed if an external matrix is used or if stereo imaging is done in post-production.
- Time-coherent, Mid-Side (M-S) design for optimal stereo imaging
- Built-in stereo matrix for direct control of the stereo spread; direct M-S outputs available
- Mono compatibility ideal for broadcast applications
- Low noise and distortion
- Wide dynamic range
- Switch-selectable, low-frequency rolloff (12 dB/octave below 80 Hz) for reduced pickup of ambient noise & stand vibration
- Operates on phantom power or a 6V camera battery
- LED power indicator
- Internal shock mount for reduced stand vibration and handling noise
- Built-in "pop" screen
- Includes windscreen, swivel adapter, and Y-cable
Capture it all. Order today.
- Carrying bag
- Foam Windscreen
- Swivel Adapter
- 0.76 m Y-Splitter Cable
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.