- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Shure ULX2/58 Wireless Handheld Transmitter Microphone
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- 270782 000793000 270782000793000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Shure ULX2/58 Handheld Transmitter Microphone is comprised of the ULX2 Wireless transmitter fitted with the SM58 microphone capsule. The ULX2 fea...Click To Read More About This Product
The Shure ULX2/58 Handheld Transmitter Microphone is comprised of the ULX2 Wireless transmitter fitted with the SM58 microphone capsule. The ULX2 features include a 3-segment battery fuel gauge, backlit LCD shows group and channel, frequency and power settings, control lockout, 8 hour battery life, and a 300 ft (92 m) operating range. The ULX2 transmitter is designed to allow for interchangeable microphone cartridges. The Legendary Shure SM58 vocal microphone, tuned to accentuate the warmth and clarity of lead and back-up vocals. Consistently the first choice of performers everywhere.
Consumer Alert:Most users do not need a license to operate this wireless microphone system. Nevertheless, operating this microphone system without a license is subject to certain restrictions: the system may not cause harmful interference; it must operate at a low power level (not in excess of 50 milliwatts); and it has no protection from interference received from any other device. Purchasers should also be aware that the FCC is currently evaluating use of wireless microphone systems, and these rules are subject to change. For more information, call the FCC at 1-888-CALL-FCC (TTY: 1-888-TELL-FCC) or visit the FCC's wireless microphone website at: www.fcc.gov/cgb/wirelessmicrophones.
- 8-9 Hour Battery Life
- Power: On/Off Switch, Battery
- LED-Green When ON, Red When Battery Low
- Three-segment Battery Power Icon
- PEAK Icon-Appears When Audio Signal Overloads
- Group/Channel Displays
- SET Button for Saving Settings
- Adjustable Audio Gain Control
- Input Attenuation Switch-Select 0dB for Voice/Low Output; 20dB for High Output
- 4-pin Mini Connector
- Battery Cover Unscrews to Expose Battery and Gain Control
- 9V Battery Included
- Cardioid (unidirectional) dynamic
- Frequency response: 50 to 15,000 Hz
- Legendary Shure quality, ruggedness and reliability
- ULX2 Transmitter Output:
- Actual Impedance: 50 Ohms
- Nominal Output Level: 20 mW
- Maximum Output Level: 30 mW
- Pin Assignments: Shell = Ground Center = Signal
- Transmitter Audio Polarity: Positive pressure on microphone diaphragm (or positive voltage applied to tip of WA302 phone plug) produces positive
- voltage on pin 2 (with respect to pin 3 of low impedance output) and the tip of the high impedance 1/4-inch output
- Transmitter Gain Adjustment Range: 25 dB
- Receiver Audio Output Level (± 38 kHz deviation, 1 kHz tone): XLR connector (into 600 ohm load): +3.9 dBV (line), ”17 dBV (mic); 1/4 inch connector (into 3000 ohm load): ”2 dBV
- Modulation: ±38 kHz deviation compressor-expander system with pre- and de-emphasis.
- RF Power Output: 30 mW maximum
- Dynamic Range: >100 dB, A-weighted
- RF Sensitivity: 1.26 uV for 12 dB SINAD (typical)
- Image Rejection: 80 dB typical
- Spurious Rejection: 75 dB typically
- Ultimate Quieting (reference ±38 kHz deviation): >105 dB, A-weighted
- System Distortion (reference ±38 kHz deviation, 1 kHz modulation): 0.3% total harmonic distortion, typical
- Power Requirements: 9V alkaline battery; 8.4 V Nicad optional
- Battery Life: 8 to 9 hours (with 9V alkaline battery)
- Operating Temperature Range: - 20 degrees to 49 degrees C (- 4 degrees to 120 degrees F) NOTE: Battery characteristics may limit this range.
- Overall Dimensions (Length x Diameter): 9 x 2 in. (228.6 x 51 mm)
- Net Weight: 10.2 oz. (289 g) without battery
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.