- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Slate Digital VRS8 Thunderbolt Audio Interface and ML-2 Small Diaphragm Modeling Microphone 5-Pack
- Write a Review
- J69476 000000000 J69476000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
This ultimate Slate Digital Virtual Recording System bundle pairs the ML-2 small-diaphragm modeling microphone and VRS-8 audio interface for the perf...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A powerful combination of high-end audio conversion and precision microphone modeling technology.
This ultimate Slate Digital Virtual Recording System bundle pairs the ML-2 small-diaphragm modeling microphone and VRS-8 audio interface for the perfect combination of class-leading audio conversion and intelligent microphone modeling technology.
VRS-8 Thunderbolt Audio Interface
The VRS-8 is the nerve center to Slate Digital's Virtual Microphone System, featuring eight VMS-One ultra-linear mic preamps, each with the VMS technology built in. This innovative rackmount audio interface achieves best-in-class A/D conversion thanks to its AK5578 converters, with up to 124dB dynamic range on all eight inputs.
Ultra-transparent, the VRS-8 uses OPA1612 chips on all inputs and outputs and WIMA capacitors for the audio paths for a no compromise build. Even the two headphone outputs incorporate a discrete amplifier for each output for the most pristine quality imaginable when tracking with headphones. There's also ultra-precise clocking with its Jitter and Distortion free XTC satellite-class audio clock.
Latency is a thing of the past, with VRS-8's LLN (Low-Latency Native) technology. LLN features a custom hard-wired chipset so there's no firmware or software in the converter path to get in the way or slow things down. Thanks to LLN technology the VRS-8 is able to reach ultra-low latency as low as .7 ms at 96kHz resolution.
ML-2 Small-Diaphragm Modeling Microphone
The ML-2 microphone is a worthy addition to its big brother the ML-1 (the mic featured in the Virtual Microphone System). It features a similar linear and flat frequency response to its larger sibling - only in a small diaphragm size - which allows the mic to be placed in locations difficult or impossible for a larger mic. With the addition of a side-mounted switch that pads the input circuit and repolarizes the capsule to increase headroom, the ML-2 allows you to utilize both dynamic and condenser emulations on instruments like drums without ever having to change a physical microphone position.
- Eight ultra-linear VMS-One mic preamps
- LLN (Low Latency Native) custom hard-wired converter chipset
- Incorporating AKM converters, offering 124db of dynamic range on all inputs
- XTC satellite-grade clocking technology for ultra-stable audio performance
- Native MIDI IO, for accurate MIDI timing that doesn’t utilize the USB bus
- Both Thunderbolt (for Mac) and PCIe (for PC) connectivity for maximum cross-platform compatibility
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear