- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Softube Buchla 296e Spectral Processor
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L57121 000000000 L57121000000000
6-Month* financing available.
There's a lot you can do with 16 bands, each tuned to the discrimination curve of the human ear. Especially with external incoming CV, this module ca...Click To Read More About This Product
After finalizing your order for this downloadable product you'll receive an activation key via email. This email will include a product link and directions for downloading.(Credit approval may take up to 24 hours.)
Not just a copy, or an homage, it's the real thing.
There's a lot you can do with 16 bands, each tuned to the discrimination curve of the human ear. Especially with external incoming CV, this module can perform complex sonic wonders.
Rare and exclusiveThe 296e is one of the most expensive and exclusive hardware synth modules in the world, and for very good reason. Its complexity, versatility, and sheer quality make it legendary. Sculpt any sound with this ultimately programmable 16-band graphic EQ. Morph between two separate modulatable response curves. Control the individual levels of each band through external incoming CV or use the internal spectral transfer (vocoding) to link the envelopes of odd and even bands with their VCAs (and vice versa). And use the “freeze” function (as a toggle-button, or externally controlled by CV) to sample and hold these values (envelope times, A levels, or B levels).
The 296e Spectral Processor is capable of a startling variety of effects, wonderful world-building from mere white noise, or the separation of musical inputs into any elemental collection of individual parts, to be reused and reimagined at will.
Ear-pleasing vocoderThe center frequency of each band is pre-selected to complement the human ear’s discrimination curve, with the result that each one sounds meaningfully unique and pleasing. Its capability for intricate transformations allow it to be a real time performance filter, a programmable compound equalizer, and even a spectrum transferring vocoder.
16 band-pass filters are available, each with its own VCA on input, and envelope follower on output. They can be divided into two collections of eight, odd and even. In hardware this function can be used to split the module for use as a limited vocoder, with eight bands performing analysis and eight performing resynthesis. But of course in software you can affordably run a pair of 296e modules side-by-side, for a full 16-band spectral transfer vocoding experience. The user can adjust envelope decay times, and pre-emphasis may be applied to smooth the frequency response for even more malleable vocoding.
Special MIDI functionA special addition in the software version of the module is the ability to ‘play’ the individual filter bands using MIDI. Note values attach to the different fixed filter frequencies, while MIDI velocity data affects the amplitude value of a given band’s VCA.
Add to this the wealth of great-sounding combination options available at a single click in Softube Modular, and the Buchla 296e turns an already attractive ecosystem into a truly expansive spectrum.
- 16 bandpass filters, each with its own VCA and envelope followerSeparate envelope decay times for each bandProgrammable graphic EQReal time performance filterMorph between A and B level settingsPerforms complex spectral transfer functionsSpecial new feature allows for controlling the filters with MIDI
Officially licensed and endorsed by Buchla USA, the only such emulation of this rare module. Order today.
- Mac OS X 10.12 or newer
- Windows 64-bit, versions 7, 8 or 10
- Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon 64 X2 or newer
- Screen resolution 1280x800 or larger
- 1 GB RAM or more, and at least 6 GB hard disk space for installation (individual plug-ins take less space)
- Any VST, VST3, AU, or AAX (Pro Tools 10.3.7*, 11.0.2 or higher) compatible host application
- Softube account
- iLok account
- Internet access for downloading the plug-in(s) and managing the license(s)
- iLok generation 2 and up, if you intend to use an iLok dongle for authorizing your plug-ins (note that an iLok dongle is not a requirement)
- All Softube plug-ins support both 32- and 64-bit hosts, although a 64-bit OS is required
- Supported sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192 kHz, in both mono and stereo