Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Your quest for MIDI management ends here.
The latest version, MIDI Quest 10, provides a set of fully integrated tools that not only display, edit, and organize the settings of your instrument, but maintains the relationships between the various data types in your instrument too. Easily drag and drop patches between banks to create new banks of sounds. Making a new bank of combis or multis is also simple as MIDI Quest copies over the selected performances along with all the sounds needed for them to work properly.
Not an expert on synth programming but want some new sounds for your instrument? MIDI Quest has your back again, with uncomplicated click-and-go tools that do all the thinking for you. The easy-to-comprehend interface uses the entire computer screen, so you can tweak every parameter in your instrument without spending all your creative time searching through tons of submenus.
Supporting more than 650 synthesizers, drum machines, effects, and various MIDI devices, MIDI Quest is the kind of customizable, universal editor and librarian you can trust to keep your MIDI hardware in line.
- Every editor is uniquely designed to match the instrument
- Open any combination of editors that you wish, including multiple editors for the same instrument
- Choose your preferred editing style
- Easy-to-use, grab-and-drag editing
- Direct numeric entry from the computer keyboard
- Mouse Wheel
- CC automation to remotely edit parameters using controls on a synthesizer or external MIDI hardware
- Extended editing pop-up mode for parameters with large data ranges
- Pop-up numeric equivalent for all graphic parameters for accurate editing
- MIDI keyboard based zone and velocity editing
- 25 different control types to optimally display each parameter
- Extensive patch auditioning options
- Randomize, restore, or copy & paste any combination of parameters
- All edits automatically sent to the instrument so the instrument stays in sync with your editor
- VNRPN (Virtual Non-Registered Parameter Numbers) allow you to assign any controller to any parameter in an editor for remote control editing
- Edit patches individually or from a bank
- Simultaneously edit as many different patches as you want
- Save edited patches to source location or any other location in another bank
- Customize and enhance editors with the Panel Editor
- Combi/Multi editors show names of selected sounds
- Customize your editors with your own unique Midi Quest "Skins"
- Intuitive multiple patch drag and drop interface copies or swaps patches within the current bank or within another bank
- Real-time auditioning to listen to any patch in the bank at any time
- Parent/Child relationship tracking ensures performances continue to reference the correct sounds even during bank reorganization
- Parent/Child copying ensures sounds used by a performance are also copied
- Automated display of sound names used by each performance
- All sounds used by a performance automatically tagged reducing risk of accidental overwriting
- Printable listings of all bank patches along with parent/child relationships
- Unlimited undo
- 5 different patch generation tools to create unique and usable new sounds
- Simultaneously edit as many different banks as you want
- Automated transfer of patches into patch libraries
- Provides integration between each type of SysX data allowing you to treat an instrument as a whole
- Maintains the intelligent integrated Parent/Child hierarchical editing
- Open an unlimited number of Sets from any combination of instruments
- Store all instrument patches in a single searchable location
- Libraries hold a virtually unlimited number of patches
- Find all duplicates
- Automated intelligent keyword assignment
- Keyword sensitive auditioning
- Find similar sounds or patches
- Add descriptive comments to each sound
- Add identifying keywords to find specific patch types
- Sort sounds 3 ways
- Store patches & banks from any combination of MIDI devices together in one file
- Create and restore complete MIDI System "Snapshot"s with one click
- Save & load all types of SysX data from each instrument
- Librarian Drivers support 650+ instruments
- Open an unlimited number of Banks, Sets, Collections, and Libraries
- 3 types of MIDI THRU re-channelization
- Hands-off automated control of your patch bay
- Export SysX in standard MIDI file, MIDIX/Cakewalk, and Text formats
- Transmit MIDIX format files to your instruments
- Unique online "Fast Tips" help simplify MIDI communication
- Configurable file extensions & customizable storage directories for each instrument
- Store and retrieve entire screen layouts
- Internal support for 256 individual MIDI IN and MIDI OUT ports
- "File Linking" allows many files to use the same data
- Comprehensive sound auditioning tools for sound development/auditioning
- Standard MIDI File Sequencer plays Type 0 and Type 1 files
- All functions are active while playing
- Complete graphic MIDI systems analysis
- Trigger custom defined notes, chords, and arpeggios
- Support for over 650 MIDI devices
- Save and Load instrument data to and from disk
- Supports all MIDI instrument/device data types
- MIDI interface: any MIDI interface with Windows drivers
- DVD version includes over 12 hours of video tutorials
- DVD version includes an more than 70,000 unique patches along with other SysX data
- No copy protection
- Easy-to-use program installer
- New and updated instrument support downloaded and installed from within Midi Quest
- Read data files from DOS, Mac, Amiga and Atari versions of Midi Quest
- Extensive editing and organizational tools
With our dual Lowest Price and Complete Satisfaction Guarantees, buying is easy. Order today!
MIDI Quest 10 Specifications:
- Minimum Requirements: Windows XP, 2000, NT, PI with 32 MB RAM, 30 MB hard drive space
- Suggested Hardware: P3/Celeron with 64MB, 30 MB hard drive space
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.