- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
SPL Mercury Mastering DA Converter
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L78373 000000000 L78373000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Mercury is the first mastering DA-converter in 120V technology. It offers seven digital stereo input sources, all of which can be synchronized with e...Click To Read More About This Product
A mastering DA-converter that can also be used as a monitor controller.
Mercury is the first mastering DA-converter in 120V technology. It offers seven digital stereo input sources, all of which can be synchronized with each other or with a word clock. The additional variable output qualifies Mercury as a monitor controller.
Seven Digital Sources
Mercury provides connections for a total of seven digital stereo input sources. For each digital source, there is a dedicated and illuminated tactile switch for quick selection and comparison. The detected sample rate is shown in the display. One USB input and two coaxial, two optical and two AES/EBU inputs are available. AES input 2 also supports Dual-Wire (DW) mode.
The display shows the synchronization status and the detected sampling rate. Any source except USB can be synchronized to another source or to an external Word Clock. If the sync “Source” is selected in the display, each source uses its own sync code embedded in the signal.
Hold the Sync button for more than two seconds, and Mercury will change to the 0dBfs display.
Mercury offers all reference levels in dBu corresponding to a 0 dBfs (full scale) digital signal: +14, +15, +16, +17, +18, +20, +22 and +24 dBu
Fix & Var
The FIX OUT is an analog, balanced stereo output, which can be calibrated to all common reference levels (see 0 dBfs). Mercury offers a variable analog balanced stereo output. This output provides the same signal as the FIX OUT, but the level is continuously adjustable. So, Mercury can also be used as a state-of-the-art monitor controller.
This analog potentiometer is used to control the level of the VAR OUT output. SPL used the ALPS RK27 “Big Blue” potentiometer with a nice spoon-in-honey feel and excellent channel tracking. The auditory as well as the haptic experience of volume control is at the highest level.
Order your Mercury mastering DA-converter today.
- Maximum input & output gain: 32.5 dBu
- Input impedance: 20 kΩ
- Output impedance: 75 Ω
- Common mode rejection: -82 dBu
- Frequency range (-3 dB): 4 Hz – 300 kHz
- Crosstalk (1 kHz): -108 dBu
- THD (0 dBu, 1 kHz): 0.000992 %
- Noise (A-weighted): -102.5 dBu
- Dynamic range: 135 dB
- AES/EBU (XLR), PCM sample rates: 44.1/48/88.2/96/176.4/192 kHz
- Coaxial SPDIF (Cinch), PCM sample rates: 44.1/48/88.2/96/176.4/192 kHz
- Optisch SPDIF (Toslink F06), PCM sample rates: 44.1/48/88.2/96/with Glass fiber <1m: 176.4/192 kHz
- USB (B), PCM sample rates: 44.1/48/88.2/96/176.4/192/352.8/384/705.6/768 kHz
- USB (B), DSD over PCM (DoP), sample rates: 2.8 (DSD64), 5.6 (DSD128), 11.2 (DSD256) MHz
- 0 dBfs calibrated to: 15 dBu
- Operating voltage for analog audio: +/- 60 V
- Operating voltage for relays and LEDs: + 12 V
- Operating voltage for DAC768: + 7 V, +3.3 V
- Mains voltage (selectable, see fuse chamber): 230 V AC / 50; 115 V AC / 60 Hz
- Fuse for 230 V: T 500 mA
- Fuse for 115 V: T 1 A
- Power consumption: max. 40 VA
- Stand-by power consumption: < 0,3 W
- Dimensions: 19" W x 1.73" H x 11.8" D
- Unit weight: 10 lb
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.