- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Sunset Sound S1P 500 Series Mic Pre
- Write a Review
- J02298 000000000 J02298000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Sunset Sound S1P is a high-end microphone preamp that is a replication of the front end of a channel on one of Sunset Sound's legendary mixing co...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Color, character and quality.
The Sunset Sound S1P is a high-end microphone preamp that is a replication of the front end of a channel on one of Sunset Sound's legendary mixing consoles. In these days of home studios in which a single artist is overdubbing many tracks, the addition of one high quality microphone preamp can make a dramatic improvement in the quality of your home recording. Get a great microphone and this preamp, and your signal will have all of the color and quality you need to make truly extraordinary demos and home releases.
In commercial studio environments, have the Sunset Sound sound as an option for your clients. The S1P or the "Tutti" is named after the legendary Tutti Camarata and was born from the famous Sunset Sound custom designed mic preamps that made the studio famous.
Sunset Sound is a historic recording studio whose recording credits include The Doors, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, Van Halen, Sheryl Crow, Beck, The Wallflowers, Prince, and many more. The Bambi soundtrack was recorded there, so remember, if you can't say anything nice about a preamp, don't say anything at all. Well, there are a lot of nice things you could say about the S1P Tutti.
100% Discrete and wrapped into a 500 series module that draws less than 100ma of current with the power to start an uprising. The design of the transformers were built precisely to the original specs by Cinemag, who made the original transformers under the Reichenbach name.
- Same design as used in Sunset Consoles
- Dual 990 Op-amps
- Nickel Transormers, Input and Output
- Greater than 60 dB of Gain
- Flat response from 10 Hz to 60 kHz
- Distortion less than .02%
- Clips at +28 dBu
- Signal / Overload Indicator
- Selectable Input Gain, 10 dB steps
- Adustable Gain Trim, +/- 6 dB
- Output Fader Control
- Front and Rear XLR Mic Input
- Hi-Z / Instrument Front Panel Input
Order now and make one channel exquisite.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.