- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Thermionic Culture Fat Bustard MkII 12-Channel Tube Summing Mixer
- Write a Review
- Product H81671
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
If you feel like mixing œin the box is leaving your mixes sounding just a little bit flat, you need to consider moving up to the punch, warmth, and ...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Think and mix outside the box with a Fat Bustard
If you feel like mixing œin the box is leaving your mixes sounding just a little bit flat, you need to consider moving up to the punch, warmth, and definition of an all-tube analog summing mixer. The Fat Bustard from the fertile minds at Thermionic Culture lets you avoid the bit-dropping, sound-muddling audio compromises involved in digital summing while letting you add great-sounding tube EQ, tweak the stereo spread and lay on just a little bit (or a whole lot) of classic tube drive to your mix. Analog summing is the secret weapon of many top mix engineers, and adding it to your arsenal will open up a new sonic frontier.
The commitment of Thermionic Culture' founder, Vic Keary, to high-quality tube audio gear dates back to the first studio he built in the 1950', and his company has taken the best of what tubes have to offer, updating the circuits for the low-noise and distortion levels required for modern recording. Solid-state components are confined to power supplies so that the audio path is pure tube musicality.
- 14-Input passive-input all-tube summing mixer
- Four stereo inputs, four mono inputs with defeatable pan pots, and a hard-panned stereo auxiliary input
- Stereo two-band EQ and stereo width controls
- 6-position œAttitude switch adds varying amount of tube drive
- Easily expandable with Little Bustard 16-channel expansion summing mixer
Get the secret weapon of top mix engineers today.
- Input Impedance: 10kÎ (dependant on channel and setting), unbalanced
- Output Impedance: 600Î unbalanced
- Gain: (ch. 1-8): 0 at Attitude 1, + 11dB at Max Attitude
- Maximum Output Level: (MOL) + 25 dBu
- Distortion : (at Att 1) 0.015% +8dBm output; (at Att 3) 0.25%; (at Att Max) 1+ % (dependent on how hard input tubes are driven)
- Signal to noise (IEC weighted): at least 100dB below MOL (at Attitude 1)
- Frequency response +/-1 dB: 16Hz to 40kHz (at Attitude 1)
- Max Bass Boost: +10dB @ 50 Hz
- Max Treble Boost: +12dB @ 12kHz
- Phase shift (10kHz) with EQ flat: At Attitude 1 - 7% (26 degrees); At Attitude 4 - 10% (36 degrees)
- Crosstalk (average at Attitude 1 & 2): 59dB @ 1kHz, 44dB @ 10kHz (Crosstalk will increase at high attitude settings and when stereo spread and/or bass to centre controls are used.)