- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Thermionic Culture Nightingale Dual Mic Pre & Mono Compressor
- Write a Review
- Product H81664
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Combining dual tube mic pres with a mono variable-gain tube compressor, The Nightingale from Thermionic Culture is designed to pack a huge amount of ...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Let your tracks sing like a bird with The Nightingale
Combining dual tube mic pres with a mono variable-gain tube compressor, The Nightingale from Thermionic Culture is designed to pack a huge amount of versatility into a half-rack-width unit. Suitable for live as well as studio applications, the combination of exceptionally musical Class-A, single-ended architecture and versatile internal signal routing offers a wide variety of sonic applications from combining dual mics through a compressor for amazingly punchy guitar tracks to providing a feed of both compressed and uncompressed signals from a mic or the DI input. No matter how you choose to use it, you™ll be rewarded with the incredible audio quality for which Thermionic Culture is renowned.
The commitment of Thermionic Culture' founder, Vic Keary, to high-quality tube audio gear dates back to the first studio he built in the 1950', and his company has taken the best of what tubes have to offer, updating the circuits for the low-noise and distortion levels required for modern recording. Solid-state components are confined to power supplies so that the audio path is pure tube musicality.
- All-tube design for greater presence and naturality.
- Completely free from solid state additives.
- Dual all-tube Class-A microphone preamps with tube EQ
- Mono variable-gain tube compressor
- Versatile routing - Mic pres may be taken direct, routed through the compressor, or paralleled for simultaneous compressed and uncompressed output
- Transformer-balanced inputs with +48v phantom power available on mic pre ins.
Amazing versatility for your studio in one unit. Get yours today.
- Tube Complement “ Mic Preamps: 1/ea ECC832; Compressor section 1 ea. 6AQ8, 5965, and 5726
- Input Impedance “ Mic Lo: 600Î; Mic Hi: 1200Î; Line: 10kÎ; Comp Line: 10kÎ
- Output Impedance “ Mic Pres: <400Î; Comp: <600
- MOL (into 10kÎ) “ +26dBu
- Distortion (1kHz) “ Mic Pres: 0.1%; Comp: 0.02% (increases with compression)
- Frequency Response +0/-1 dB “ Mic Pres: <10-35kHz; Comp: 13-80kHz
- Total Noise (unweighted 30kHz filter) below MOL “ Mic Pres: 103dB; Comp: 105dB
- Max Gain “ Mic Pres: 34dB; Comp: 28dB
- Phantom Power +48V