- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Thermionic Culture Phoenix Mastering Plus Blackface Master Plus Stereo Tube Compressor
- Write a Review
- Product H81667
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
A hand-built, point-to-point-wired, all-tube, soft-knee mastering compressor, the Phoenix Mastering Plus from Thermionic Culture updates the previous...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Revive your masters with the all-tube Phoenix Master Plus
A hand-built, point-to-point-wired, all-tube, soft-knee mastering compressor, the Phoenix Mastering Plus from Thermionic Culture updates the previous Phoenix with faster release, higher stability and the addition of a side chain filter. In stereo-link mode, the Phoenix adds natural-sounding, transparent compression to your mixes. Use it in dual-mono mode and and get that clarity on individual tracks, or push the unit to add some punch; push it even harder for compression effects and great-sounding tube distortion. Designed to deliver minimal phase-shift and flat frequency response over the entire audio range and beyond, this compressor will breath life back into your masters.
The commitment of Thermionic Culture' founder, Vic Keary, to high-quality tube audio gear dates back to the first studio he built in the 1950', and his company has taken the best of what tubes have to offer, updating the circuits for the low-noise and distortion levels required for modern recording. Solid-state components are confined to power supplies so that the audio path is pure tube musicality.
- All-tube design for greater presence and natural sound quality.
- Completely free from solid state additives.
- Transparent compression.
- Punchy when pushed.
- Drive it hard for compression effects and distortion.
- Absolutely flat frequency response over entire audio range and beyond.
- Minimal phase shift giving a crisp and warm sound.
- Stepped Input & Output controls
- 6 position switched attack control
- 6 position switched release control
- 11 position switched threshold control
- Side Chain Filter - 75Hz & 150Hz plus permutations.
- 24 position ELMA rotary Input switch, +31dB gain
- 31 position OMEG stepped Output pot
- Chicken head knobs for Attack, Release and S/C
- New Input, Threshold and Output knobs
- ALPHA Side Chain filter
- All Mullard & Siemens tubes
Get the punch and smoothness of all-tube compression. Order yours today.
- Tube Complement “ Input/Compression: PCC85 (equiv. 9AQ8); Output: ECC81 (equiv. 12AT7, CV4024); Side chain detector: EB91 (equiv. 6AL5, CV4025)
- Max output level (MOL): +19dB into 600 ohms; + 24dB into 10K ohms
- Max Gain: 30dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion: Better than 0.06% @ 100Hz & 1kHz
- Noise, IEC weighted: better than 100dB below MOL
- Input Impedance: 15k ohms
- Frequency response: <1dB variation over range of 12Hz to 56kHz.
- Attack Time: 0.004 sec to 0.12 sec
- Release Time: 0.04 sec to 2.4 sec
- Output Impedance: 600 ohms