- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Thermionic Culture Phoenix SB Side Chain Stereo Tube Compressor
- Write a Review
- Product H81669
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Thermionic Cultures Phoenix all-tube soft-knee compressor has been a standout performer in studios around the world, and the newly revised Phoenix SB...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Classic tube compression with hand-built quality
Thermionic Cultures Phoenix all-tube soft-knee compressor has been a standout performer in studios around the world, and the newly revised Phoenix SB S/C adds the side chain filter section from the Phoenix mastering compressor and a standby switch that not only increases tube and capacitor life by halving the power supply current, but makes available some unique audio effects in its own right. Factor in the higher gain structure and you can take your compression from totally transparent to over-the-top aggressive. Whether youre using the Phoenix SB for buss compression in stereo link mode, as the best ducking compressor youve even gotten your hands on, or as two separate mono compressors for tracking, youll love the low-noise and exceptional musicality of this all-tube beauty.
The commitment of Thermionic Cultures founder, Vic Keary, to high-quality tube audio gear dates back to the first studio he built in the 1950s, and his company has taken the best of what tubes have to offer, updating the circuits for the low-noise and distortion levels required for modern recording. Solid-state components are confined to power supplies so that the audio path is pure tube musicality.
- All valve design for greater presence and naturality.
- Completely free from solid state additives.
- Transparent compression.
- Punchy when pushed.
- Drive it hard for compression effects and distortion.
- Absolutely flat frequency response over entire audio range and beyond.
- Minimal phase shift giving a crisp and warm sound
Get the compression quality only tubes can offer. Order yours today.
- Max output level (MOL): +19dB into 600 ohms; +24dB into 10K ohms
- Max Gain: 30dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion: Better than 0.06% @ 1kHz @100Hz
- Noise, IEC weighted: better than 100dB below MOL
- Input Impedance: 15k?
- Frequency response: <1dB variation over 12Hz to 56kHz
- Attack Time: 0.004 sec to 0.12 sec
- Release Time: 0.04 sec to 2.4 sec
- Output Impedance: 600 ohms
- Tube Complement (2ea) “ Input/Compression: PCC85 (equiv. 9AQ8); Output: ECC81 (equiv. 12AT7, CV4024); Side chain detector: EB91 (equiv. 6AL5, CV4025).