- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Toft Audio Designs DC-2 Dual Channel FET Compressor
- Product 187025
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Toft Audio Designs DC-2 Dual Channel FET Compressor brings you high quality line input preamps, front panel instrument input, V.U. metering for g...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
2 channels of classic FET compression.
The Toft Audio Designs DC-2 Dual Channel FET Compressor brings you high quality line input preamps, front panel instrument input, V.U. metering for gain reduction or output level, and F.E.T. compression with variable attack, release, and ratio. 1U rack mount unit.
Channel Strips of the Stars ” Ted Perlman
Ted Perlman, renowned Grammy-winning producer, musician, arranger, engineer, and programmer, has a resume that reads like a who's who of popular music. His credits include Bob Dylan, Chicago, Burt Bacharach, Elton John, Dave Mason, Brian Wilson, Carole King, Albert Hammond, Jr. (The Strokes), Desmond Child, Young M.C., Dolly Parton, and, well, the list goes on. Ted was kind enough to provide us with his go-to recording vocal chain as well as his choice for guitar. Here it is, straight from Ted Perlman himself:
"I'm producing and writing with Sara Lumholdt of the mega-selling Swedish pop group "A-Teens". This will be her first solo CD.
ALL guitars go through the A Designs REDDI DI box (#189904) > Hammer EQ (#180185) > Pacifica preamp (189903) > Toft DC-2 Compressor."
Her vocal recording chain is: Pearlman TM-LE condenser mic* > A Designs Audio Pacifica preamp (#189903) > Daking FET 2 Compressor (#482850).
*Check out Dave Pearlman Mics at pearlmanmicrophones.com (Dave also has quite an impressive resume as a recording engineer and owner of Rotund Rascal Recording Studio.
Check out Ted Perlman's website at tedperlman.com
- Variable attack, release and ratio
- V.U. metering shows gain reduction or output level
- Compact 1U rack mount unit
- 1/4" thick anodized aluminum sculptured front panel and solid construction
- High quality line input preamp
- Front panel instrument input
- Balanced XLR and jack for line input and line output
- Extremely competitive price
Make it part of your studio and charge your customers more.
- Line Impedance: >15K ohm electronically balanced
- Instrument Impedance: >100K ohm unbalanced
- Line Gain: -16 to +30dB
- Instrument Gain: 36dB
- Output Impedances: XLR: <100 ohm electronically balanced Jack: <100 ohm unbalanced
- Line Input Noise: Line: <-75dBu (Eq. In, 20Hz-20kHz) <-70dBu (Compressor In, 20Hz-20kHz)
- Maximum Line Levels: Line Input: <+24dBu at all frequencies (Compressor out)<+15dBu at all frequencies (Compressor in)
- Maximum Instrument Levels: Instrument Input: