- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Toontrack DFH Superior Vintage Add-on "Limited Edition"
- Write a Review
- Product 706917
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Superior Vintage Add-On is a complement to dfh Superior or dfh Superior Custom & Vintage. For use with Superior Drummer 1.5.4 Software (not included ...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Classic sounds to drive dfh.
Superior Vintage Add-On is a complement to dfh Superior or dfh Superior Custom & Vintage. For use with Superior Drummer 1.5.4 Software (not included with this product). This update is recommended in particular for users who had experienced graphic issues with the previous release, and, of course, ProTools users with compatible systems. Superior Vintage add-on drum samples are compatible with ProTools 7 and above for all platforms (M-Powered, LE and TDM/HD - PC and Mac).
In addition the release features the following bug fixes and improvements:
¢Graphic meltdown affecting Logic/DP-fronted TDM/DAE systems
¢Improved multiple instances support on multiple cpus
¢Various transmute related bugs
¢Fixed setting Fade mode back to Note On once Aftertouch or noteoff had been selected was ignored.
On the recordings
Like Superior Custom and Vintage, Superior Vintage Add-On was recorded at 2KHz Studios, London using an EMI TG Desk. 2KHz's TG is an ex-Abbey Road Mobile console (1964 design) with a 28 channel /16 track configuration, with Germanium Transistor Mic/Pre's. During the Superior Custom & Vintage sessions, the studio management let it be known the EMI desk was to be replaced. We couldn't let that pass without recording one more session in that room with that desk ” It was the last chance. The resulting recordings make up Superior Vintage Add-On drum samples.
Superior Vintage Add-On was engineered and produced by Grammy winning producer Peter Henderson and played by world renowned session drummer Chris Whitten.
On the drums
Together with Custom & Vintage, this collection brings together many of the drums being used by the world's top studio drummers. Even though most drummers endorse a single brand, widespread use of vintage and custom built instruments is common in the studio scene.
The Ludwig Drum Company had no idea what was about to hit them in the months following February 9th 1964, The Beatles U.S. television appearance on The Ed Sullivan Show. The band was a sensation and almost overnight everyone wanted to own a set of Ludwig drums just like Ringo's.
Gretsch Round Badge Drum Set
At the same time Ringo Starr was playing Ludwig drums, Charlie Watts - his opposite number in The Rolling Stones - was playing Gretsch, another classic American brand. The 'Round Badge' era of Gretsch drums has been the choice of the most important jazz drummers in history and still is among contemporary players. The Superior Vintage ADD-ON also features Noonan, Slingerland and WFL snares and Steve Hubback Custom Cymbals.
Superior Vintage Add-On was recorded at 2KHz Studios, London using an EMI TG Desk. 2KHz's TG is an ex-Abbey Road Mobile console (1964 design) with a 28 channel /16 track configuration, with Germanium Transistor Mic Pre's. The TG console was EMI's very first transistor design and was used for many legendary recordings of the early seventies including The Beatles' Abbey Road and Pink Floyds' Dark Side of the Moon. It is considered one of the best sounding desks ever made. The drums were recorded with a selection of vintage microphones by Neumann (including valve U67's on overheads and KM 56's on toms), AKG and Sennheiser. As an added feature one of the room microphones (a Neumann U87) was processed with a Helios F760 compressor, the type found in early Helios 1970's consoles as used by Led Zeppelin, The Who, The Rolling Stones and Apple Corps (The Beatles own studio).
- 20GB of uncompressed wave files.
- Some of the finest vintage built drums available.
- Recorded through an EMI TG desk at 2Khz Studios, London
- Play with sticks, brushes, felt mallets or rods
- Featuring Chris Whitten on drums (Paul McCartney, Dire Straits, Edie Brickell)
- Featuring Grammy-winning producer and engineer Peter Henderson (Paul McCartney, Supertramp, Rush)
- Ludwig and Gretsch drums, vintage Zildjian and Paiste cymbals.
- Drum Sets:
- Gretsch 'Round Badge' Kit (1960's)
- Bass drum - 14 x 22"
- Toms - 8 x 12", 9 x 13", 14 x 14" & 16 x 16" Sticks
- Toms - 8 x 12", 9 x 13", 14 x 14" & 16 x 16" Damped 70's Sound, Sticks.
- Ludwig 'Keystone' (1960's)
- Bass drum - 14 x 24"
- Toms - 9 x 13", 16 x 16" Sticks, Rods and Brushes.
- Snare drums
- Ludwig Brass (1920's) 6.5 x 15" Sticks
- Ludwig Brass Supraphonic (1960's) 5.5 x 14" Sticks
- Slingerland Radio King 'Select' Nashville (1990's) 6.5 x 14" Sticks and Rods.
- Slingerland Radio King 'Select' Nashville (1990's) 6.5 x 14" Damped, Sticks, Brushes and Felt Mallets
- Gary Noonan 5 x 12" Solid Mahogany - Sticks
- WFL Maple 6.5 x 14" (1930's) - Sticks
- Ludwig Supraphonic Low tuning (1970's) 6.5 x 14" ” Sticks
- 13" Zildjian K Bottom/13" Zildjian A Custom Top, Sticks
- 15" Paiste Formula 602 Medium, Sticks and Brushes.
- 14" Paiste Sound Creation Dark 'Sound Edge' (1980's), sticks
- Cymbals (Crashes)
- 16" Paiste Signature Fast Crash
- 18" Paiste Signature Fast Crash
- 17" Paiste Signature Fast Crash
- 22" Zildjian Swish Knocker - Sticks, Brushes and Felt Mallets.
- 20" A Zildjian Medium Thin Crash (1960's)
- 20" A Zildjian Medium Crash (1960's) ” Sticks
- Cymbals (Rides)
- 22" Paiste Sound Creation Dark Flat Ride - Sticks, Brushes and Felt Mallets
- 24" Steve Hubback Cymbal Sculpture - Sticks and Felt Mallets.
- 20" Paiste Sound Creation 'Mellow' Ride
- 22" Paiste Sound Creation 'Dark' Ride ” Sticks