- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Tracktion Biotek 2
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L57587 000000000 L57587000000000
6-Month* financing available.
In the densely populated virtual instrument world, BioTek was designed to be different. Equipped with a powerful sound engine, the samples themselves...Click To Read More About This Product
After finalizing your order for this downloadable product you'll receive an activation key via email. This email will include a product link and directions for downloading.(Credit approval may take up to 24 hours.)
Rich synth instrument.
In the densely populated virtual instrument world, BioTek was designed to be different. Equipped with a powerful sound engine, the samples themselves are natural and environmental, which is what gives the instrument its unique character.
The user interface was designed to allow rapid access to inspirational parameters via macro controls on the main ‘Wild’ page while also presenting access to the deep editing environment. Extensive modulation and modifier routes are intuitively assigned and all parameters are available for DAW automation.
Spinal Saw OscillatorThe unique ‘Spinal Saw’ oscillator allows you to have up to 11 detuned sawtooth waves within a single oscillator. Considering BioTek features 4 oscillators per voice, this gives you a total of 44 sawteeth per sound layer – and you can have unlimited sound layers per patch. Perfect for making thick leads, huge pads and rumbling synth basses – unleash the beast.
Granular OscillatorThe BioTek 2 granular oscillator extracts sound grains from the sample of your choice and redistributes them into dense clouds, scattered drops or any density in-between. This allows you to create everything from uniquely textured musical instruments to otherworldly soundscapes. The oscillator itself provides a useful visual reference for how the grains relate to the source sample, showing playback position and pitch relationships. The BioTek 2 granular oscillator brings a mighty storm surge of synthesis to an already powerful engine.
Deep Parameter ControlBioTek’s unlimited engine can scale to literally tens of thousands of parameters so managing the workflow is key. The intuitive system for importing your own samples and promoting parameters to the main ‘Wild’ macro page allows you to quickly construct your own instrument. The customizable ‘Wild’ page macro controls are immediately accessible to your DAW automation and new in version 2 is the ability to also access the entire parameter list from the deep editing pages. You have unprecedented control over all the instruments sound shaping tools.
Surgical PrecisionNo synthesizer is complete without a comprehensive filtering and effects section. BioTek has a full complement of both – 9 high quality effects can be loaded into 4 effect slots per voice allowing for extensive creative sound shaping. Filtering is also extremely flexible with numerous types to choose from, now including Transistor Ladder and Sallen-Key in BioTek 2 – sculpt your sound with surgical precision.
Dive into the immersive world of BioTek. Order soon.
- Spinal Saw Oscillator Type with up to 11 sawtooth oscillators in one, with FM and in-oscillator sync
- Granular Sample Oscillator Type, with FM
- Transistor Ladder Filter Type with 6, 12, 18 and 24 dB lowpass characteristic and resonance up to self-oscillation for all slopes
- Sallen-Key Filter Type with 12 dB lowpass characteristic
- Automation of all parameters (some hosts might be limited to first sound layer)
- Dedicated browser page with filters for author, category, style and timbre and full-text search
- Assign Source Info Menus showing where a modulation source is assigned to
- 500+ factory patches
- 4 virtual analog/sample playback oscillators
- 4 operator FM synthesis (can use samples)
- Sync, Ring Mod, PWM, waveshaping
- 2 multimode filters in series with distortion and EQ
- Filter Types: 4-pole & 2-pole LP, BP, HP, BS (Notch) 1-pole LP, HP Comb (Tuned Delay for Karplus Strong) Redux (SR, Bit Reducer)
- 200 modulation routes, 32 modifier routes (performing mathematical functions on the modulation sources), assignable GUI macro controls
- 8 Flow LFOs (each with 8 individual parallel syncable sub LFOs)
- 4 effects in series
- Effects Types: Reverb Delay Compressor/Limiter Distortion Chorus Flanger Phaser Redux
- 4 envelopes (can be up to 32 stages with looping sustain and release sections, curvatures for each stage)
- Sample import (Osc), MID file import (Arp)