Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
2-1176 Twin Vintage Limiting Amplifierfalse false
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.
No, you're not seeing double. The legendary 1176 is now stereo!
The 2-1176 builds from the circuit design of UA's hugely successful 6176 Channel Strip and combines two 1176 channels from that unit-- an uncompromising design, with all the same components- stereo matched to boot!
The 2-1176 once again puts that sound into your rack but with twice the tone, twice the character and twice the compression-- at an unbelievable price, and half the space. As you would expect from UA, it also retains all the features and trademark sound of its ancestor, and switches easily between dual mono and stereo link. And yes, it does all-button
All-button mode or "British mode":
For those that don't know, back in the glory days of gonzo recording, an adventurous engineer wanted to know what would happen if you pressed all four compression ratio buttons in at the same time. It was discovered that with all four buttons pressed in, the 1176 made drums jump out of the speakers, and became a much used staple of hard rock drum recording.
With thousands of units already sold since the year 2000 re-birth of Universal Audio's 1176LN, it is clear the public's love affair with the legendary sound of the 1176 is still as passionate as ever.
- Sound and Features of the Original 1176LN
- Classic Custom 1176LN Output Transformers
- Stereo or Dual Mono Operation
- Totally Independent Compression and Gain Controls in Dual Mono Mode
- Matched FETs and Output Transformers
- Rack Space Convenience of Two 1176s in a 2U Rack Design
2-1176 Twin Vintage Limiting Amplifier Specifications:
- Input Impedance: Selectable, 15k W or 600 W
- Output Load Impedance: 600 ohms, floating
- External Connections: XLR connectors
- Frequency Response: ± 1 dB 20 Hz to 20kHz
- Gain: 40 dB, +/- 1dB
- Distortion: Less than 0.5% T.H.D. from 50 Hz to 15kHz with limiting, at 1.1 seconds release setting. Output of +20 dBm with no greater than 0.5% T.H.D.
- Signal to Noise Ratio: Greater than 85 dB
- Attack Time: 20 microseconds to 800 microseconds
- Release Time: 50 milliseconds to 1.1 seconds
- Threshold vs Output Level
- Compression Ratio/Input Level at ±2 dB/Relative Output
- 20:1/-25 dBm/+13 dBm
- 12:1/-26 dBm/+12 dBm
- 8:1/-27 dBm/+11 dBm
- 4:1/-32 dBm/+6 dBm
- Stereo Interconnection: Chan. A Attack and Release links to Chan. B via LINK mode
- Meter: dB gain reduction and dB output
- Power Requirements: 120/240 V
- Dimensions: 19" Rackmount chassis, 2U
- Weight: 9.6 lbs.
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.