- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Universal Audio UAD-2 OCTO Custom PCIe DSP Accelerator Package
- Write a Review
- H90363 000000000 H90363000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The UAD-2 OCTO Custom DSP Accelerator contains Universal Audio's most powerful PCIe processing card, coupled with a Custom software bundle that lets ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
UA's flagship eight-processor DSP Accelerator - plus 3 UAD Powered Plug-Ins of your choice.
The UAD-2 OCTO Custom DSP Accelerator contains Universal Audio's most powerful PCIe processing card, coupled with a Custom software bundle that lets you choose any three UAD plug-in titles at registration.
In creating UAD plug-ins, UA's DSP engineers work with the original hardware manufacturers - using their exact schematics, golden units, and experienced ears - to create fully authenticated plug-ins with all the warmth and harmonics of classic analog equipment.
The UAD-2 OCTO Custom features eight SHARC processors, and easily installs into a PCIe-equipped desktop computer or compatible expansion chassis (PCIe or Thunderbolt*), giving your Mac or PC a significant boost in audio quality and mix processing power.
The UAD-2 OCTO Custom includes UA's "Analog Classics" plug-in bundle, and it lets users select any three additional UAD plug-in titles from a world-renowned library that includes Ampex, Manley, Lexicon, EMT, Empirical Labs, Neve, Roland, Fairchild, Harrison, Little Labs, Studer, SSL, and more (sold separately).
Fully Mac and Windows 7-compatible, the UAD-2 OCTO Custom is easy to use. Just install the software, install the PCIe card, and start mixing with some of the world's finest audio plug-ins.
*Thunderbolt connectivity is available for Mac only.
**Purchasers must select all 3 individual Custom Software Bundle plug-ins simultaneously, within 45 days of product registration. Purchasers failing to select all 3 plug-ins within 45 days of registration will automatically receive 3 UAD plug-ins of UA's choosing, free of charge (but no more than 3 Custom Software Bundle plug-ins total). See www.uaudio.com for complete details.
- Flagship eight-processor DSP Accelerator Card (PCIe format) compatible with Intel-based Macs and Windows 7 PCs
- Provides access to award-winning UAD Powered Plug-Ins library
- Custom software bundle lets users "pick any 3" UAD plug-in titles within 45 days of registration**
- Ideal for professional power-users running demanding projects w/ high plug-in instances and/or high sample rates
- Compatible with Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Live, and more
- Includes "Analog Classics" plug-in bundle, featuring Legacy editions of the LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN / 1176SE Classic Limiting Amplifier, Pultec EQP-1A, Pultec Pro, and RealVerb Pro plug-ins
- Can be combined with other UAD-2 devices, including UAD-2 PCIe card(s), UAD-2 Satellite, and Apollo / Apollo 16 audio interfaces
- Connect to Thunderbolt-equipped Macs via a compatible chassis* (sold separately)
- VST/AU/RTAS and 64-bit compatible
- Also available as UAD-2 OCTO Core and UAD-2 OCTO Ultimate 2 packages
Order the OCTO Custom card and max out the power of your high-end professional studio today.
- (Win) Windows 7 64-Bit Edition w/ SP1
- (Mac) OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard, 10.7 Lion, or 10.8 Mountain Lion
- 2 GB available disk space
- Available PCI Express (PCIe) slot for each UAD-2 card
- Available FireWire 800 port for UAD-2 Satellite, Apollo, or Apollo 16
- 1024 x 800 minimum display resolution
- Internet connection to download software and authorize UAD plug-ins
- Compatible VST, Audio Units, or RTAS plug-in host application software
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Easy To Set Up
- Easy To Use
- High quality
- Music Production
Comments about Universal Audio UAD-2 OCTO Custom PCIe DSP Accelerator Package:
It's pricey, I know. I waited for a sale and I got the custom version which saved me a few hundred. Also, UA has regular sales on their plug ins, so wait for those too. If you're new to UA like I am, and are thinking of getting a solo or duo, I'd say at least try and get a quad, but preferably the octo. Once you hear the sounds you're getting, you're going to want to use UA plug ins all the time on all of your channels. Some of the best plug ins use up the most processing power. With one octo card you're good to go unless you're a full-on pro producer always at 24-48 tracks or more. Then you might need a couple more of these. Blends right into the Cubase/Windows environment. Like just about everyone else says, they really are that good :)
- Primary use: