- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Vienna Instruments Bosendorfer Upright Standard Library (Download)
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L73424 000000000 L73424000000000
6-Month* financing available.
Vienna Instruments Bösendorfer Grand Upright 130 Standard Library summons the experience of almost two centuries of grand piano making. To capture th...Click To Read More About This Product
After finalizing your order for this downloadable product you'll receive an activation key via email. This email will include a product link and directions for downloading.(Credit approval may take up to 24 hours.)
Multi-mic collection capturing the legendary, pure and rich Bösendorfer sound.
Vienna Instruments Bösendorfer Grand Upright 130 Standard Library summons the experience of almost two centuries of grand piano making. To capture the Bösendorfer Grand Upright 130 with all its subtleties, VI’s engineers developed a highly precise motion-control system that controls a noise-free robotic finger. The micro-controller moves the finger with super-human precision. This provided flexible curvatures for down-strokes and release movements—the latter corresponding with the preceding note length and various release speeds.
Viennese Tradition of Piano MakingAlthough physically an upright piano, the Grand Upright 130 features surprising nuances and powerful bass. It has a pure and pristine sound without further tonal colors usually added by the large body of a concert grand. Bösendorfer uses more than 80% naturally dried resonant spruce wood to build an instrument. When a note is played, the components become acoustically active. This forms a complete resonating body similar to a violin. The carefully hand-spun bass strings—steel core strings with one or two layers of copper—also add to its warm and sonorous sound.
4 Microphone PositionsTo capture the Bösendorfer Grand Upright 130 in Stage B of Synchron Stage Vienna, engineers used multiple high-end microphone arrays. This affords a variety of options for shaping your individual sound. The "Close" and "MID" microphone positions are ideal for a more player-oriented mix.
- Close 1/Small Condenser: “ORTF” setup with a pair of Schoeps MK4 aiming at the perfect representation of the player’s listening position.
- MID 2/Sphere: The KFM 6 Sphere setup aims at the perfect representation of the entire dynamic range of an ideally balanced piano.
- Main/Room Mic Stereo: Decca Tree array (L-C-R) with three Neumann KM133 mics. Used in a stereo mix, you can easily hear where the piano is placed. In a surround setup, the Decca tree microphones will feed your front L-R speakers.
- Main/Room Mic Mono: Neumann KM133 mic
Customize Your Personal SoundIn addition to the multitude of options from mixing various microphone signals, the Bösendorfer Upright comes with the free Vienna Synchron Pianos software. This offers multiple options for shaping your sound and playing experience. Hosting a high-performance playback engine, Vienna Synchron provides a full mixer with a broad range of effects. Effects include EQ, compression, saturation, algorithmic reverb, delay, chorus, flanger, rotary and many more. You may also adjust the volume of body resonances, sympathetic strings and pedal noises right in the main Play window. In the Edit window you can even tweak EQ, volume, tuning, dynamic range, etc. for each individual key.
- Advanced Release Sample Technology offers clear and uninhibited sound
- Stellar clarity in each note, wide dynamic range, rich tone with a powerful bass
- Versatility in sound and timbre with 4 mic positions—recorded at Stage B of Synchron Stage Vienna
- Pre-configured Main Presets: Concert, Intimate, Player, Pop, Ambience, Vintage
Call or click to download today.
- Sample Amount: 59,732
- Download File Size: 13.8 GB
- Installed File Size: 48.6 GB
- SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
- PC Windows 7/8/10 (latest update, 64-bit), Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2
- macOS 10.10 (latest update) or higher, Intel Core 2 Duo
- Hard drive for sample content: 7200 rpm or faster (SSD recommended)
- 8 GB RAM (16 GB recommended)
- AU/VST/AAX Native compatible host (AAX version requires Pro Tools 10.3.5 or higher)
- VIENNA KEY (Vienna Symphonic Library USB protection device) or other USB eLicenser (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia)
- Free hard drive space: 48.6 GB (individual microphone data can be removed)
- (Other configurations may work but are not actively supported)
- Windows 7/8/10 (latest update, 64-bit), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
- macOS 10.12 (or higher), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
- 16 GB RAM
- 88 key master keyboard