- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Vienna Instruments Solo Strings II Upgrade to Full Library Software Download
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- H95420 000000000 H95420000000000
6-Month* financing available.
This is a software download upgrade.Solo Strings II is a sound library from Vienna Instruments, one of the most powerful virtual instrument deve...Click To Read More About This Product
After finalizing your order for this downloadable product you'll receive an activation key via email. This email will include a product link and directions for downloading.(Credit approval may take up to 24 hours.)
Vast archive of soling strings.
This is a software download upgrade.
Solo Strings II is a sound library from Vienna Instruments, one of the most powerful virtual instrument developers in the highly competitive sound library market. This collection contains 24,429 samples and incorporates intelligent performance algorithms into an easy-to-use VST/AU/RTAS plug-in that orchestrates an inconceivably vast array of samples. For the first time hundreds of inspiring articulations can be combined in one preset and on a single MIDI track. Vienna Instruments' proprietary Performance Detection analyzes intervals, repeated notes, patterns, and even playing speed in real-time, and automatically summons the appropriate articulation or nuance.
You can use Vienna Instruments on your Mac or PC in three ways:
As a plug-in in the included mixing and host software Vienna Ensemble, in Vienna Ensemble PRO 5, or any other host application
As a plug-in in your sequencer - e.g., Cubase, Logic, Digital Performer, Pro Tools etc. - or notation software (e.g., Sibelius, Finale, Notion)
As a simple stand-alone application.
This Vienna Instruments Collection is the sequel to Solo Strings I, offering all-new and sonic subtleties. Solo Strings II contains many of the playing techniques that the first Collection includes, but played "con sordino" (with mutes).
Playing with mutes dampens the transmission of energy from the strings to the body of the instrument and softens or darkens the sound. Muted string instruments lend themselves well to soft, intimate arrangements and solo parts, and provide nuanced variations to any kind of musical style with their different structure of overtones and harmonics. Only wooden mutes crafted by a special instrument maker have been used in order to fit perfectly to the bridge of each instrument.
The Solo Strings II Collection contains articulations such as muted short and long notes, crescendo and diminuendo variations, as well as Interval Performances like legato, portamento, and trills. Furthermore, additional Performance Legatos with very long notes have been recorded for use in slower parts. Thus, every single pitch and velocity is available in 24 variations, and going the extra mile proved worthwhile!
The four soloists Christian Eisenberger, Katharina Traunfellner, Rubn Dubrovski, and Martin Deuring have invested their life's work and hard-won experience, both from their international concert performances as well as from several years of working for the Vienna Symphonic Library, into this collection. Sensitive and clear, exact and homogeneous - their performances at the Silent Stage are technically perfect and come alive again in this Vienna Instrument.
Your purchase also entitles you to download the free Vienna Instruments player software that includes the Vienna Ensemble mixing and host software.
The Solo Strings Full Library contains 46.5 GB of uncompressed sample data in 44.1kHz/24-bit. Due to an innovative optimization process, the Vienna Instruments engine decompresses the samples in real-time, so that they take up only 31 GB of space on your hard disk. Please note: Even if you licensed the Standard Library only, the Full Library of your Collection gets installed on your hard drive since Standard and Extended Library can't be separated due to structural database requirements.
- 24,429 samples (extended)
- Interval Performances: Legato with medium, progressive, and without vibrato, portamento, marcato, spiccato
- Repetition Performances: Legato, portato, staccato, spiccato
- Fast Repetitions: 16ths from 150 to 190 BPM
- Short notes: Staccato, short dtach, long dtach, 4 variations each
- Long notes: Sustains with medium, progressive, and without vibrato
- Dynamics: Medium and strong crescendos & diminuendos with vibrato; fp, sfz, sffz, pfp with vibrato
- Artificial harmonics: Staccato, sustains
Order today and add stirring solo string sequences to your productions.
- PC Windows 7 (latest Service Pack, 32/64-bit), Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2
- Mac OS X 10.6 (latest update), Intel Core 2 Duo
- 2GB RAM (4GB recommended)
- ViennaKey (Vienna Symphonic Library USB protection device) or other USB eLicenser (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia)
- eLicenser Control Center software (get the latest version from www.eLicenser.net)
- 42 GB free hard drive space
- Other configurations may work but are not actively supported.
- PC Windows 7 (latest Service Pack, 64-bit), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
- Mac OS X 10.7 (latest update), i5/i7/Xeon
- Fast separate hard drive (7200 rpm or faster)
- AU/VST/AAX Native/RTAS compatible host (also works stand-alone)
- RTAS version requires Pro Tools 7.3 or higher
- 88 key master keyboard