- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Vienna Instruments Synchron Bluthner 1895 Full Library (Download)
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L70027 000000000 L70027000000000
6-Month* financing available.
Synchron Blüthner 1895, The Lyrical Grand Full LibraryThis exceptional grand piano was built in 1895 by the famous Julius Blüthner Pianofortefabrik o...Click To Read More About This Product
After finalizing your order for this downloadable product you'll receive an activation key via email. This email will include a product link and directions for downloading.(Credit approval may take up to 24 hours.)
An incredible piano in all its beauty.
Synchron Blüthner 1895, The Lyrical Grand Full Library
This exceptional grand piano was built in 1895 by the famous Julius Blüthner Pianofortefabrik of Leipzig. It was acquired by Synchron Stage Vienna after having been lovingly restored by master piano builder Bernhard Balasfrom Vienna.
The 6-foot-4 professional scale instrument is equipped with Blüthner’s specially developed and patented Aliquot system that uses additional dampened strings positioned above the conventional strings of the treble register, which are not struck by the hammers but resonate sympathetically. This fourth set of strings enhances the overtones, providing a velvety, organic shimmer and giving the instrument a particularly lyrical “singing” quality. In addition, the strings are unusually long and thin, stretched to an enormous string tension of 20 tons, which helps define the instrument’s specific sound. In combination with its soft hammers the Blüthner grand produces a clear, yet warm and soft timbre that is superior to many modern instruments in its variety of tonal colors.
Composers such as Debussy, Brahms, Mahler, Bartók, Liszt, Tchaikowsky, Shostakowitchand Rachmaninov created their works on a Blüthner grand. Famously, Paul McCartney played a Blüthner concert grand when recording “Let It Be” for the film of the same title in 1969.
Vienna Symphonic Library’s Blüthner 1895 grand piano was recorded at Stage B of Synchron Stage Vienna. This beautiful739 sq ft. (69 m²) live room with a 11.5-14.75 ft (3.5 to 4.5 m) height features a controlled acoustic environment with less ambience than the large main hall (Stage A).
While beautifully restored, this Blüthner 1895 was recorded “as is”, with all the charm and peculiarities that give a seasoned instrument its character. Its virtual recreation is extremely versatile and well suited for soloists looking for a slightly different, personal piano sound. The Blüthner lends itself extremely well to song accompaniments and chamber music settings, as well as to pop songs and ballads where other concert grands sound too large and obtrusive. Presets like “Intimate” or “Vintage” bring out this special quality even more.
Sampling Precision to capture the Blüthner 1895 with all its subtleties, Vienna’s engineers developed a highly precise motion-control system based on a solenoid that controls a noise-free “robot finger”. The micro-controller moves the finger with super-human precision, providing flexible curvatures for down-strokes and release movements, the latter corresponding with the preceding note length and various release speeds.
8 Microphone Positions the Blüthner 1895 was recorded using multiple high-end microphone arrays, affording an abundance of options for creating your individual sound.
Even if you're not using a surround setup, you get more ambience variations and spatial depth out of the Full Library by adding the room microphones' signals to your stereo mix.
Customize Your Personal Sound In addition to the multitude of options from mixing various microphone signals, the Blüthner 1895comes with the free Vienna Synchron Pianos player that offers multiple options for shaping your sound and playing experience. Hosting a high-performance playback engine, the software provides a full-blown mixer with a broad range of effects such as EQ, compressor, saturator, algorithmic reverb, delay, chorus, flanger, rotary, and many more. Change the volume of body resonances, sympathetic strings and pedal noises right in the main Play window. In the Edit window you may even adjust EQ, volume, tuning, dynamic range, etc. for each individual key!
- Refurbished 6-foot-4 (193 cm) grand piano with patented Aliquot stringing
- Glorious example of Blüthner’s legendary “golden tone”
- Recorded at Stage B of Synchron Stage Vienna
- Advanced Release Sample Technology
- Multiple Microphone Positions–for a multitude of timbral variations
- Pre-configured Main Presets: "Concert", "Intimate", "Player", "Pop", "Ambience", "Vintage"
- FX Presets for enhanced, warped or mysterious piano sounds
- Soft (una corda), sostenuto, sustain pedals
- Half-pedalling and re-pedalling
- Sympathetic resonance
- Body resonance
Download your copy today.
- PC Windows 7/8/10 (latest update, 32/64-bit), Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2
- Mac OS X 10.10 (latest update) or higher, Intel Core 2 Duo
- 8 GB RAM (16 GB recommended)
- VIENNA KEY(Vienna Symphonic Library USB protection device) or other USB eLicenser(e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia)
- Other configurations may work but are not actively supported.
- Windows 7/8/10 (latest update, 64-bit), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
- Mac OS X 10.12 (or higher), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
- 16 GB RAM
- SSD or fast separate hard drive (7200 rpm or faster)
- AU/VST/AAX Native/RTAS compatible host (also works stand-alone)
- RTAS version requires Pro Tools 7.3 or higher
- AAX version requires Pro Tools 10.3.5 or higher
- 88 key master keyboard
- Standard Library: 117.9 GB available hard drive space
- Full Library: 266.2 GB available hard drive space