- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Warm Audio TB12-500 Tone Beast 500 Series Microphone Preamp
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- K36400 000000000 K36400000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Tone Beast is a great 500-format microphone preamp with loads of gain that effortlessly captures a broad array of sources very well. With top not...Click To Read More About This Product
Studio pre with swappable opamps.
The Tone Beast is a great 500-format microphone preamp with loads of gain that effortlessly captures a broad array of sources very well. With top notch CineMag transformers and multiple discrete signal paths, its big, bold, fully-professional sound confounds its attractive price.
The Tone Beast likes to be pushed. With strong input signal and engaged controls, the Tone Beast colorize your signal with a sweetness that could charm the birds out of the trees. The 2 opamps and 2 output transformers at the flip of their switches won't appear to be much different, but as one drives the preamp, its inherent harmonic distortion becomes more present and the unique character of each of these components becomes likewise more apparent. Additionally the Tone Beast is customizable and allows for other opamps to be sourced and easily swapped into the unit.
Unleash the Beast
Warm Audio’s goal was to make a microphone preamplifier affordable without compromising the quality and design parameters that make this type of microphone preamplifier so desirable.
Home-based musicians and professional studios alike will find the Tone Beast to be a powerful and professional piece of gear that is capable of warming and shaping signals and mixes in a way that is both pleasing and beastly indeed.
Unleash the beast.
- Utilizes premium grade CineMag USA Transformers
- 71db of gain
- Transformer selection provides both Steel and 50% Nickel CineMag output transformers for varying character
- Transformer bypass switch allows for removal of the output transformer from the circuit
- Discrete Opamp selection allows for choosing between a 1731(vintage) and 918(cleaner) style opamp
- Impedance switch labeled TONE to switch between 150 and 600 ohms input impedance
- 2 Meg Ohm True HI-Z input on front panel sends instrument signal through entire circuit including both Cinemag Transformers and the discrete operational amplifier
- Great for guitars, bass, keyboards and other instruments that have a 1/4 in. output jack
- Capacitor selection between Tantalum and Electrolytic for different characters
- 80hz hipass filter
- Polarity Reverse
- +48V phantom power
- Output attenuation allowing for saturation flexibility of both the opamps and transformers.
- ¼" insert for the use of inline compressors, eq's etc
- Balanced XLR mic, balanced TRS line, and ¼" instrument inputs
- -20db Pad
- LED VU Meter.
- Compatible with standard 500 series racks.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.