- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Warm Audio WA-12-500 MK2 500 Series Microphone Preamp
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- K36396 000000000 K36396000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
If you are looking for a preamp to improve and shape your signal you will love the WA12-500 MKII. The WA12-500 MKII transforms plain instruments and ...Click To Read More About This Product
A 500 rack mic pre with replaceable 6-pin opamp sockets.
If you are looking for a preamp to improve and shape your signal you will love the WA12-500 MKII. The WA12-500 MKII transforms plain instruments and vocals into exciting tone. If your mixes lack depth, struggle to sound alive, or are just missing that professional touch you’ve always wanted, there is a good chance you will appreciate the WA12-500 MKII.
The WA12 - 500 MKII is a completely discrete, high voltage, dual-transformer microphone preamplifier designed for high gain (+71dB), high headroom, low noise, and an exciting sonic performance. A high-quality mic preamp is one of the most critical pieces needed to achieve the elusive ‘larger than life’ sound the WA12 - 500 MKII delivers.
The WA12 - 500 MKII is based around a discrete op-amp, the X731, which is Warm Audio’s own reproduction of the vintage classic Melcor 1731, considered by some to be the warmer predecessor to the modern 2520-style op-amp. The X731 can achieve vibrant, clean and lifelike tones; but can also be driven into mild saturation at much higher gain levels. The effects can be subtle, but very pleasing to the ear. The WA12 - 500 MKII can also accept any discrete op-amp on the market which conforms to the +/-16v, 2520 pinout standard.
When developing the WA12-500 MKII, Warm Audio’s design team’s ears played a big part in the design process. Using CineMag USA transformers and an all discrete signal path ensured that the WA12-500 MKII would have the building blocks to compete with the best preamps on the market.
- Utilizes premium grade input and output USA CineMag transformers
- 71db of Gain, fully discrete signal path
- 6-pin socketed 1731 style opamp that can be replaced with other 6-pin opamps
- TONE button – Switches the input impedance from 600 ohms to 150 ohms. Changes the tone of both the mic and HI-Z inputs
- 2 Meg Ohm True HI-Z input on front panel. Sends instrument signal through entire circuit including both Cinemag Transformers and the discrete opamp
- Great for guitars, bass, keyboards and other instruments that have a 1/4″ output jack
- 48 volt Phantom Power
- Output attenuation control (after the CineMag output transformer) allows for driving the preamp and transformers into saturation
- LED Meter gain indication
- 20db pad
A key piece of studio gear. Order soon.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.