- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Zoom H2 Handy Recorder
- Write a Review
- Product H86816
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Zoom H2 provides brilliant stereo recording in an easy-to-use, ultra-portable device. Now everyone has the opportunity to record professional qua...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Brilliant handheld digital audio recorder with dual X/Y configured stereo mics.
The Zoom H2 provides brilliant stereo recording in an easy-to-use, ultra-portable device. Now everyone has the opportunity to record professional quality audio in a wide range of real world applications, from seminars and news conferences to interviews, podcasts, musical performances, songwriting sessions and more. No matter what kind of material you want to record, the H2 makes it easy and effortless to capture any moment with exceptional audio quality.
Four Mics Are Better Than Two
Recording an exceptionally realistic stereo image can be a challenge with a conventional mic pair. The H2 has dual X/Y configured stereo mics facing front and rear. This is ideal for capturing a wide and contiguous stereo image. There are two sets of mics allowing you to record at 90 from the front or 120 from the rear. You can even use both two pairs to produce a four-channel recording with 360 coverage. After recording, the built-in 3D panning function gives you full control over the front/rear/left/right balance. Or use commonly available authoring software to create 5.1 surround recordings.
24bit/96kHz Linear PCM and MP3 Recording
The H2 gives you amazing versatility with its wide variety of recording formats. Choose 24bit/96kHz linear PCM (WAV files) format for the highest audio quality that surpasses CDs. Or record in MP3 format in an almost any bit rate when long recording capability and smaller file sizes are your goals. Even 4-channel, 360 recordings can be made in 24bit/48kHz format. Capture the fine nuances of an acoustic instrument or the realistic ambience of a venue with the H2's utterly transparent, high-resolution recording capability.
Secure Your Digital Memories
The H2 records on Secure Digital (SD) media and a 1GB SD card is included. Compact and readily available, SD memory cards are immune to vibrations and produce no mechanical noise, unlike motor-driven media such as tape or discs. The H2 can accommodate up to a 32GB SDHC card (*), allowing up to 50 hours of total recording time using the 16bit/44.1kHz WAV format. At 128kbps MP3, you get an amazing 555 hours of stereo recording. And with the onboard USB port, you can move your recordings to your computer and use recording software to edit the audio, create mixes, burn CDs or distribute your recordings by email or on your website. You can even move MP3 files to your H2 and use it as a music player.
BWF Compatible Time Stamping and Track Markers
The H2 supports BWF (Broadcast Wave Format) used by broadcasting studios and for other professional applications. Your files can be set with timestamp information and markers (cue points) during recording. This makes playback and editing much more efficient.
Automatic Recording Function
You can also set the H2 to automatically start recording when audio is detected and stop when audio ceases. This allows you to capture all the important audio you want during a conference or lecture while minimizing the total recording time.
Pre-Record Feature Means No Surprises
Sometimes the audio you want to record begins suddenly. But with the H2 you'll never miss a beat. It can be set to continuously record the most recent two seconds of audio in memory. Record with the confidence that you've captured every moment.
Auto Gain Control and Low-Cut Filter
Capturing the moment with a pristine recording can be a challenge... but not with the H2. Its sophisticated Auto Gain Control(AGC)function and Low-Cut Filter means the H2 can automatically record at the right level while eliminating unwanted low frequency noise. Or, you can manually control the gain levels with the Low/Mid/High selector and then fine-tune the levels with gain control buttons on the front panel. Get clear recordings with very low noise and no distortion.
It's Also a USB Mic...
The H2 can also function as a USB microphone, letting you record directly to your computer. Using almost any recording software, you can create a podcast with ease. And its direct monitoring feature means that you can monitor with no latency during recording.
Built-in Normalizing and File Splitting Functions
Even without an external waveform editor or other software, you can divide a recorded file at any desired point, right on the H2. The built-in normalizing feature(*) lets you optimize the volume level, and can even convert WAV files into MP3s. The H2 offers a post-encoding function as well.
- Dual X/Y configured stereo mics, 2 facing front and 2 rear facing
- Use both mic pairs to produce a four-channel recording with 360 coverage
- Record at 24bit/96kHz linear PCM format for audio that surpasses CD quality
- SD card recording capability for capturing and securing your favorite moments
- Supports BWF (Broadcast Wave Format) for broadcasting and professional applications
- Automatically start recording when audio is detected, stops when audio ceases
- Auto-Gain Control and Low-Cut Filter easily helps achieve ideal recording levels
- Can function as a USB mic to record directly to your computer
- Built-in normalizing and file splitting functions
- Versatile playback modes
- Support for plug-in power type external mics
- Tuner & metronome enhance practice sessions
- Four hours of continuous operation
- Included accessories: 512MB SD card, earbuds, a windscreen, AC adapter, a USB cable, and a 1/8-inch to RCA stereo cable
Be prepared to capture those moments, anytime, anywhere.
- Simultaneous Recording Tracks: [Stereo mode] 2, [4ch mode] 4
- Simultaneous Playback Tracks: [Stereo mode] 2, [4ch mode] 4
- Locator: Hours/Minutes/Seconds
- File Editing functions: Time Stamp check, Rename, Delete, Size check, Divide, Normalize
- Other functions: MP3 post-encode, A-B repeat, Lo-cut filter, AGC/compressor/limiter, Marker
- Tuner: Chromatic, Guitar, Bass, Open A/D/E/G, DADGAD
- Metronome: 5 Sounds (Beat 0/4-8/4, 6/8, Tempo 40.0-250.0BPM)
- A/D Conversion: 24bit, 128 times over-sampling
- D/A Conversion: 24bit, 128 times over-sampling
- Signal Processing: 32bit
- Recording Media: SD memory card (16MB-2GB), SDHC memory card (4GB-32GB)
- Recording Format: [Stereo mode]
- WAV (Quantization: 16/24bit, Sampling frequency: 44.1/48/96kHz)
- MP3 (Bitrate: 48 to 320kbps/VBR, Sampling frequency: 44.1kHz), [4ch mode]
- Playback Format: [Stereo mode]
- WAV (Quantization: 16/24bit, Sampling frequency: 44.1/48/96kHz)
- MP3 (Bitrate: 32/40/48/56/64/80/96/112/128/160/192/224/256/320kbps/VBR, Sampling frequency: 44.1/48kHz)
- [4ch mode] WAV (Quantization: 16/24bit, Sampling frequency: 44.1/48kHz)
- Display: 128x64 pixel, back-lit LCD
- [LINE IN] 1/8" stereo phone jack (Input impedance: 10k?, Input level: -10dBm),
- [EXT MIC IN] 1/8" stereo phone jack (Plug-in powered: 2.5V, Input impedance: 20k?, Input level: -20/-30/-40dBm)
- [Built-in stereo mic] W-XY stereo microphone (MIC GAIN: +1.5/+17/+27dB)
- [PHONES/LINE OUT] 1/8" stereo phone jack
- [LINE] Output load impedance: 10k? or more, Rated output level:-10dBm /
- [PHONES] 15mW+15mW, into 32? load)
- USB Interface: Mini-B type (USB2.0 Full-Speed compatible), Mass Storage Class operation / Audio Interface operation (16bit, 44.1/48kHz)
- Power Requirements: AA size (LR6) battery x2, or Supplied AC adaptor AD-0006 (DC9V/300mA/center minus type)
- Battery Life (with alkaline batteries): 4 hours recording, 4.5 hours playback
- Dimensions: 63.5 (W) x 110 (D) x 32 (H) mm
- Weight (without batteries): 110g
- Supplied Accessories:
- SD memory card (512MB)
- Desktop stand
- Mic clip adaptor
- USB cable
- Stereo Y cable
- AC adaptor (AD-0006)