- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Altus PS Series Handmade Flute
Inline G, D# Roller, Z cut headjoint
- Write a Review
- #H89701 000005002 H89701000005002
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Altus PS (also known as the Altus 1707) is designed for professional flutists and is among the finest handmade flutes in world.The selection of m...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A masterwork, the finest of the fine.
The Altus PS (also known as the Altus 1707) is designed for professional flutists and is among the finest handmade flutes in world.
The selection of materials used in the making of Altus flutes is crucial. Tanaka had a keen fascination with metallurgy and experimented quite a bit with different materials and how they affect the sound and resonance of the instrument. For the Altus PS, Tanaka chose a .997 Pure Silver, which was thought to be too soft to use for flute making. In order to make a flute using this material, Tanaka developed a new process called sinterization to harden it. The density of the .997 Pure Silver and the hardness of the sinterized tube create a remarkable capacity for brilliant tone colors and incredible response and projection.
- .997 Pure Silver headjoint and body
- Sterling silver keys
- Sinterized tube
- Open holes
- B footjoint
- Inline or Offset G
- D# Roller
- Optional Split E mechanism
- Optional C# trill key
- Classic or Z cut headjoint
- Soldered tone holes
- SP-1 Springs
- Pointed key arms
- Altus/Bennett scale
Order today and your search will have ended.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.