- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Fossati Model S Oboe
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- 472749 000000000 472749000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Symphonic quality oboe with Grenadilla wood body, specially selected and aged. This is an instrument worthy of a position in a major symphony. Even i...Click To Read More About This Product
Symphonic quality handmade oboe.
Symphonic quality oboe with Grenadilla wood body, specially selected and aged. This is an instrument worthy of a position in a major symphony. Even intonation, broad dynamic range and a beautiful, rich tone are the hallmarks of Fossati instruments, and the Model S is an exquisite reflection of Fossati's craftsmanship and philosophy.
Gerard Fossati created his first instrument in 1983, bringing to it his already extensive skills and experience. He also showed a strong desire to improve oboe-making in general. His wish has always been the optimization of the whole instrument (i.e mechanics, sound, intonation) so as to suit best musicians' expectations.
Thanks to the combination of his know-how and to the use of new technologies (CAD for R&D, numeric lathe for production), Fossati instruments have acquired a forever lasting reliability. 20 years after the setting up of the firm, this alchemy has made the Fossati brand an important name on the international oboe market. Gerard Fossati believes that musicians have to be at the core of his thoughts in the process of instrument making. This is why he works ´ hand in hand ª with many players.
These meetings have allowed Fossati to develop a complete range of instruments (oboes, english horns, oboes d'amore and bass oboes). Each of the instruments is tested by a professional musician : Michel Benet, who is the principal oboist at Orchestre de Paris, tunes the professional oboe gamut. Fabrice Melinon, who is principal oboist at l'Orchestre Philarmonique du Luxembourg, tunes the student oboe range. Jean-Christophe Gayot, who is Oboe solo at l'Orchestre Philarmonique de Radio France tunes the Oboe d'amore range. Jean-Marc Liet, principal oboist and english hornist in the 2E2M ensemble tunes the english horn and bass oboe range.
Today around 20 people make more than 700 instruments a year in Fossati's factory based in Montargis (South of Paris). The company also owns a repairing shop located in Paris, nearby the Conservatoire National Supˆrieur de Musique. Since 1983, the same passion has nourished the Fossati's team. That very same passion that has led Fossati to constantly look for solutions to oboists' problems.
- Rhodium plated keywork
- Select aged Grenadilla
- Handmade by skilled artisans
- Imprccasble intonation
- Beautiful tone
Order soon for the instrument you will cherish forever.
- Body: Grenadilla
- Case: Professional case with case cover
- Fossati's innovations: Double tenon ring, New "Aera" tenon cap, One trill key system, Left hand reversed adjustment, 2nd octave stop, Adjustment for low Bb, Rhodium plated
- Keywork finishing: Silver and Rhodium plated, Leather pads on the low notes, Easier adjustments and esthetic improved
- Specifications: F left key, F fork resonance, 3rd octave key, Philadelphia system
- System(s): Semi automatic, Syst‹me auto, Thumb plate
- Trill keys: All trills
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.