Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 9 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Fox Contrabassoontrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
- Free Shipping
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Projects well in all performance situations.
Mahogany using tough acrylic enamel, with Silver plating on all keys and metal work. Nickel plating available.MECHANISM
18% Nickel Silver Keys and trim with solid 3/16" nickel hinge rods. German system with rollers on little finger Eb and Db, F and Ab keys. Alternate F# Spatula (Little finger) and Eb key for right forefinger. Water key on tuning slide. All posts set in epoxy and spring posts are locked with screws. All needle springs utilize long lasting music wire.BODY
Maple, selected for optimum resonance and performance characteristics, naturally aged in our own facilities. All tenons carefully fitted to their receiving sockets to insure structural reliability. Joint connections and metal reinforcing bands sealed with silicone sealer Three point bell bracing to improve rigidity Inner elbows are removable without disturbing the bracing, permitting easy cleaning access without disassembly.ACCESSORIES
Fine case, 2 Fox Bocals, 2 ReedsTUNING
Intonation based on A-440 with the tuning slide extended. Highly centered tone quality with maximum core in the sound. Resonance, projection and flexibility to satisfy the requirements of the most discriminating performers.
- Black maple body.
- Nickel silver keys with German rollers.
- Includes: fine case / 2 Fox bocals / 2 reeds
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.