- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Moosmann M300A Contrabassoon
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L58594 000000000 L58594000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Each Moosmann bassoon is manufactured out of mountain maple. The wood that Bernd selects is grown in Yugoslavia's Bosnia region. The maple grows very...Click To Read More About This Product
Clear and round sound, superb keywork.
Each Moosmann bassoon is manufactured out of mountain maple. The wood that Bernd selects is grown in Yugoslavia's Bosnia region. The maple grows very slowly in this high altitude region, giving the wood a very compact and dense structure. Because of this, bassoons made out of this wood have excellent resonance and projection. It is rough cut and stored for aging in a temperature-controlled room for approximately 5 years.
It is then roughed into the four basic parts of the bassoon and stored for an additional 2 years. When it is time for manufacturing process to begin, the wood is soaked in a oil based solution until every pore is thoroughly saturated. This oil bath protects the bassoon from deterioration.
The Model 98AP/100AP is finished with a standard type of lacquer finish. First the color is applied, then a thin water based sealer coat is applied to close the pores and harden the surface and then 5 coats of lacquer are applied giving the bassoon the protection and the rich, deep gloss shine.
The Moosmann bassoons are fully lined in the tenor joint and both sides of the boot joint with a rubber-like material. What makes this unique is the process by which the bassoons are lined. Instead of gluing a rubber piece in place, the rubber material is heated and poured into the joints, allowed to cool and then the forming mandrel is removed. This provides the benefit of a "bonding" of the rubber material with the wood that means it will never come loose and provides for better response and projection.
All of the critical tone holes are lined in nickel silver for stable pitch and focused tone. They protrude into the bore, thus preventing water from entering the hole. These linings and the lining of the A Flat hole with a rubber-like material aid in the prevention of deterioration of the wood and provides a better seating surface for the pads and corks.
- Bosnian Mountain Maple Body
- Lining of wing joint
- 23 German Silver key system with Nickel plating
- 18 Rollers – F, Ab, C#, D#, C, Eb, Bb, E (2), F#, Low D, C (2), B, Bb, C#, Octave, 2nd Octave
- Special Tapered Metal U-tube joints
- Hand rest for Right Hand & Adjustable Left Hand Support
- Tuning Slide
- Double Octave Key
- Two “Excellent Series" bocals – K1 & K2
- Alternate Eb Key
- Key design to fit small and large hands comfortably
- Fingering system very similar to bassoon for easy transition
- BG Large Silk – Bamboo Care Cloth
- Hard Travel Case, Aluminum Covered with reinforced corners & 4 Latches
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.