- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Sax Dakota SDA-XR 82 Professional Alto Saxophone
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J49841 000001000 J49841000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Bronze was the standard alloy used by European saxophone makers in the '30s and 40's. It soon gave way to brass alloys, capitalizing on new metal tec...Click To Read More About This Product
Bronze alto saxophone with design attributes from early century french saxophones.
Bronze was the standard alloy used by European saxophone makers in the '30s and 40's. It soon gave way to brass alloys, capitalizing on new metal technologies for machining, shaping, annealing and spinning. As a result, that lustrous tone/timbre and resonance produced by Bronze was lost for decades.
Sought-after "vintage" saxophones became the new darlings of prominent saxophone atists as they searched for those rich elusive sounds of the past. DAKOTA has reclaimed this history with the introduction of its new XR SERIES of Alto and Tenor saxophones.
So it’s back to the future with Sax Dakota technology. It's the same precision craftsmanship, innovation and aesthetics coupled with the same bronze that produced exceptional Saxophones in France decades ago. They feature the same mechanical specifications as Sax Dakota’s existing models except for Bell/Bow size and design, which were borrowed from popular designs from the '30s.
4.75" bell with a gradual taper from the bow collar. Elaborate Bell /bow/neck hand engraving rivals any other brand sold and confirms this instrument as the new benchmark of excellence.
A lost and sought-after sound returns to your color palette. order one soon.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.