- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Selmer Paris Model 56 Bass Saxophone
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- H73697 000001000 H73697000001000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Once a novelty, more or less a product of instrument manufacturing companies doing it 'because we can,' the bass saxophone has been gaining a legitim...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
All the way down.
Once a novelty, more or less a product of instrument manufacturing companies doing it 'because we can,' the bass saxophone has been gaining a legitimacy that goes beyond conspicuous 'how low can you go' panegyrics. The Model 56 bass saxophone from Selmer reflects the attention to detail, the quality and the obsession with great saxophone sound that defines the Selmer legacy.
With the evolution of repertoires, instruments of the outer ranges are being increasingly asked for. The "Super Action 80 Series II" bass saxophone is particularly adapted to this new trend: its design and its acoustic features allow it to be more than just a support instrument. The Series II sopranino, soprano, alto, tenor, bass and baritone saxophones have been the professional choice for a generation and continue to be the most popular professional saxophone in the world. The reasons are clear: they all possess a flexible but centered tone that is natural in almost any playing situation.
Yellow brass body tubes and keys resonate across the entire timbre spectrum: full-ribbed construction enhances their durability. The Series' superior intonation characteristics make these saxophone a natural choice for any professional or those who aspire to be.
- Signature Selmer sound
- Precision mechanics
- Accurate intonation
- Full-ribbed construction
Drop the bass all over the place. Order today.
- Keywork: the positioning of the left- and right-hand little finger spatula groups affords particularly well-balanced handling
- Adjusting Screw: the low A adjusting screw allows precise adjustment of the whole
- Suspension Rings: a choice of three positions allows selecting the best playing balance
- Adjustable holder: brings to the musician greater playing comfort when seated
- Thumb rest made of plastic, its shape and location have been studied to prevent fatigue and tension in the fingers
- Specifications: Key Bb; Range Low A/high F sharp
- Thumb rest: plastic
- Waterkey on the upper arm
- Leather pads, metal booster
- Lacquered with engraving
- Accessories Included; The top-of-the-line Selmer "Light" case in charcoal-grey cordura, specially designed for the "Super Action 80 Series II" bass saxophone, ensures optimum protection of the instrument
- High-density foam insulating interior, with expanding score pocket
- Fitted with rollers
- Mouthpiece: Selmer Paris S-80 Bass Saxophone Mouthpiece
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.