- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Theo Wanne DURGA 4 Gold Alto Saxophone Mouthpiece
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- #L72834 000001000 L72834000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The DURGA 4 alto has a big, rich and contemporary sound, but due to its unique chamber it also plays amazing ballads. The DURGA 4 does everything th...Click To Read More About This Product
Contemporary sound with 24K gold plating, Inverted Power Ring and True Large Chamber.
The DURGA 4 alto has a big, rich and contemporary sound, but due to its unique chamber it also plays amazing ballads.
The DURGA 4 does everything the DURGA 3 did, just better. It keeps the signature base sound of the DURGA Series, but thanks to Theo Wanne's continued research & development, the DURGA 4 has optimized the baffle and chamber to accept airflow better. You will get a much fuller, yet freer-blowing, mouthpiece.
The DURGA has a step-baffle for power, but also deeply rounded inner side walls leading into Theo Wanne's Inverted-Power-Ring, giving it the full sound inherent in a True Large Chamber and extra projection. This is why it can scream and be mellow depending on your mood.
The DURGA 4 alto has been used on tour with Ringo Starr (Warren Ham) and Prince (Adrian Crutchfield), as well as jazz superstar Nelson Rangell.
Theo is truly breaking new ground with this mouthpiece as little has been done with modern large chamber alto mouthpieces. This is partly why the DURGA alto stands out. There is nothing vintage or modern like it. It is available in 24K gold plate. The DURGA 4 has evolved from the DURGA 1, 2 and 3 with far more core and body to the sound.
“Wow, is all I can say about this mouthpiece! It’s all I ever wanted in an alto mouthpiece.” – Warren Ham (Ringo Starr, Olivia Newton John)
- Great for Jazz, R&B, and Rock n' Roll
- Projects a sensual tone that makes everyone want to dance
- It is so unique; it really has to be played to be understood and believed
- Radical proprietary Inverted-Power-Ring and True Large Chamber
- Rounded inner side walls all the way to the tip
- Uniquely shaped long step baffle
- Crafted to the highest accuracy
- Designed by Theo Wanne, the foremost expert on the design and manufacturing of vintage and new mouthpieces
Play the mouthpiece with the latest Theo Wanne developments. Order today.
- Case: Leatherette
- Serial Number: Includes serial number
- Plating: Reticulated 24K Gold plating on metal mouthpiece
- Ligature: Integrated two-point contact 24K Gold Plated Liberty Ligature and Alive Gold pressure plate
- Cap: Patented Reed Replacer Cap
- Bite Pad: User Replaceable Bite Pads