- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Theo Wanne DURGA 4 Hard Rubber Alto Saxophone Mouthpiece
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- #L72222 000001000 L72222000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The DURGA 4 alto has a big, rich and contemporary sound. Due to its unique chamber, it also plays amazing ballads. The DURGA 4 does everything the D...Click To Read More About This Product
Premium hard rubber and optimized design delivers versatile sound.
The DURGA 4 alto has a big, rich and contemporary sound. Due to its unique chamber, it also plays amazing ballads.
The DURGA 4 does everything the DURGA 3 did, just better. Through research & development, Theo has optimized the baffle and chamber to accept airflow better. You will get a much fuller, yet freer-blowing, mouthpiece.
The DURGA has a step-baffle for power, but also deeply rounded inner side walls leading into Theo Wanne's Inverted-Power-Ring. This gives it the full sound inherent in a True Large Chamber, plus extra projection. This is why it can scream and be mellow depending on your mood.
"Wow, is all I can say about this mouthpiece! It’s all I ever wanted in an alto mouthpiece." – Warren Ham (Ringo Starr, Olivia Newton John)
The DURGA 4 alto is has been used on tour with Ringo Starr (Warren Ham) and Prince (Adrian Crutchfield), as well as such jazz superstars as Nelson Rangell.
Theo is truly breaking new ground with this mouthpiece as little has been done with modern large chamber alto mouthpieces. This is partly why the DURGA alto is such a stand out. There is nothing 'vintage' or modern like it. The DURGA 4 has evolved from the DURGA 1, 2 and 3 with far more core and body to the sound.
- Great for Jazz, R&B, and Rock n' Roll
- Projects a sensual tone that makes everyone want to dance
- It is so unique; it really has to be played to be understood and believed
- Radical proprietary Inverted-Power-Ring and True Large Chamber
- Rounded inner side walls all the way to the tip
- Uniquely shaped long step baffle
- Crafted to the highest accuracy in the history of saxophone mouthpieces
- Designed by Theo Wanne, the foremost expert on the design and manufacturing of vintage and new mouthpieces
A hard rubber mouthpiece you'll love having in your arsenal. Order today.
- Case: Leatherette
- Serial Number: Includes serial number
- Premium Hard Rubber: The Hard Rubber DURGA 4 uses the finest vintage style hard rubber
- Ligature: The Hard Rubber DURGA includes the Enlightened Ligature
- Cap: Patented Reed Replacer Cap
- Bite Pad: User Replaceable Bite Pads allow you to peel and stick on new bite pads