- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Theo Wanne GAIA 3 Hard Rubber Alto Saxophone Mouthpiece
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- #L72223 000005000 L72223000005000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The GAIA 3 alto sax mouthpiece has been completely re-designed by Theo Wanne. It still has the classic Meyer-style sound, but with many new innovatio...Click To Read More About This Product
New design technology innovates this alto sax mouthpiece.
The GAIA 3 alto sax mouthpiece has been completely re-designed by Theo Wanne. It still has the classic Meyer-style sound, but with many new innovations.
The result of the GAIA 3's new design is a freedom of play never before experienced in a traditional sounding alto mouthpiece. Easy to see innovations include the proprietary Shark-Gill Baffle, which improves the airflow and opens up the sound. Theo Wanne also redesigned the baffle shape and chamber. Once you spend some time on it, you will find a dynamic range and flexibility not found in any other mouthpieces.
"The GAIA alto is the answer to a saxophonist's dream! Over my sixty years of performing in either recording studios, or performing live concerts, I can finally do it all with one mouthpiece instead of carrying several pieces around. The only mouthpiece I've played in seven decades with everything! Without any question, it's a sonic miracle!" - George Young (John Lennon, Rolling Stones, Dizzy Gillespie, Frank Sinatra, Madonna)
Large chambers have been widely explored in the history of tenor mouthpieces, but very little has been done with alto mouthpieces. The GAIA 3 Alto mouthpiece opens up a whole new world for the alto saxophone. Not only is the design revolutionary, but it is made with state-of-the-art manufacturing and premium materials. The GAIA 3 has evolved from the GAIA 1 with an even more core and body to the sound.
- Outplays histories best traditional alto mouthpieces
- Full, rich and fat traditional sound with a hint of edge
- Includes proprietary Shark-Gill-Baffle, True Large Chamber and rounded inner side walls all the way to the tip
- Crafted to the highest accuracy in the history of saxophone mouthpieces
- Designed by Theo Wanne, the foremost expert on the design and manufacturing of vintage and new mouthpieces
A hard rubber mouthpiece you'll love having in your arsenal. Order today.
- Case: Leatherette
- Serial Number: Includes serial number
- Plating: Reticulated 24K gold plating with highlights on globe logo
- Premium Hard Rubber: The Hard Rubber GAIA 3 uses the finest vintage style hard rubber
- Ligature: Includes the Enlightened Ligature
- Cap: Patented Reed Replacer Cap
- Bite Pad: User Replaceable Bite Pads allow you to peel and stick on new bite pads